I believe I will be taking an extended break from the current game.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

11-23-2013

If you want something to do in the mean time.

Supports are still good all around there. If you count Karma as a support rather than a utility mage, she's good too.

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Veritas View Post
From your perspective, as a Platinum player, what particular change/s took the joy out of Supporting for you?
I will place here what I had sent to Morello in a thread that he had created some time ago if that is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Blue Fox View Post
Morello,

I am going to try to express my dislike of some aspects, I am sorry if it is difficult to read as I do not normally express so much at once.

It has been said already by others how it is never enjoyable to have what you like to play see reductions in any case and especially for support champions who have seen so very many. I have been playing and enjoying the support role for three years. All this time there were some changes, but the entirety of the aspects remained the same until now.

The traditional supports are seeing reduction in their early game power in favor of scaling. I understand that your goal is to make them more impacting later in the game, but why do you believe others play support? Why do you believe they select the traditional support champions over the others? For myself and many others it is because of their effective value in the early game where it is entirely important in controlling the flow of the game.

With the changes now made, we are essentially being pushed into the opposite of those champions design. I feel I am forced into getting ability power to be effective now and I lose out on the items I require to help make my team successful such as Shurelya's and Aegis of the Legion. This is why some of the AP mages are starting to overtake traditional support champions, they have a strong presence early on with crowd control abilities and damage on top of being relevant in the late game. Someone like Sona for example now will be lesser in the beginning and more effective at the end, but why? You have said yourself that she is not a mage before, so why are we being pushed to play her as one?

All these item changes to assist us in gaining gold is a very good idea, but an issue is that I see essentially the same item output as before. We make overall more gold yes, but the traditional support champions are still having to purchase the same items as they once did before such as Sightstone. The irony is that in giving us more options, we are still restricted because we are not given more than one gold item and honestly it is not a problem because of gold, but a problem of not being able to use the effective items we wish.

Purchasing Shurelya's is extremely important on champions like Leona, Blitzcrank, and Thresh. The problem is that you have given a new option for an item that would work very well with tank based supports and unfortunately we are limited to one choice purely because of the gold income and no other reason. I feel that these gold changes are fair and I understand the limitations, but not every item is being purchased for the gold generation.

The last part I will converse about is warding and it is a bit of a love and hate issue. While I cannot say that I loved how warding was before, I will say that it was less burden for myself. With the way it is currently I am restricted in my placement of wards and with how pink wards have changed I find them being wasted quite often as they do not find their value very much. Limiting my warding does not hinder my vision much, but what it does do is cause issue when other players still refuse purchasing wards.

When I get Sightstone my burden of green wards are lifted. The best use the pink ward seems to offer is an area to fight over it's death. Beyond this it is hard to attain it's worth of 100 gold. With the tricket ward being severely popular due to it's little downfall, I often only end up destroying tricket wards and not regular wards, I gain some gold, but my opponent loses no gold at all. Now warding is more stressful for myself as I have to maintain focus on defense of my pink ward and handle the lane. Before the changes, this was not nearly as severe because pink wards were not visible.

I do not know if you will read any of this and I am uncertain if others will agree at all, but for myself personally the changes that have been made impact so much and there is not much positivity out of it.

Thank you for reading if you did.

Raa

11-23-2013

Although I think the changes are cool they kinda punched support in the face. Like... Really hard. Now we just have even more of a reason to pick non-traditional supports.

scrimbul

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Veritas View Post
From your perspective, as a Platinum player, what particular change/s took the joy out of Supporting for you?
I doubt he'll have any complaints once the Relic Shield is hotfixed but you can pretty much put a finger directly on supports (and only supports) could directly see the subtle effect they had on the game by spamming vision wards and watching their team get money from botched gank opportunities.

If he holds his horses and takes a break till pre-season is over he'll have less to complain about, obviously everything is in upheaval and nothing is familiar. It's great at the moment because it brings back memories of pre-season 1 but it'll piss off a ton of people by February or so if it stays like this.

I personally feel no pity for support mains, as I spent the latter half of season 2 being shoehorned into jungle and support by rude lesser experienced premades and duos, and then my skills rotted over time by not playing during season 3 due to same. But despite my willingness to sacrifice the support role to get the shakeup we have at the moment, I fully recognize that it was the necessity of early game pre-6 ganks that were the problem, wealthy supports only exacerbated it while the ones on the losing team were dead weight and free money.

Tae Ao

11-23-2013

I feel you, for my honest opinion on support, well people that do duo top lane abuse the targon and after taking tier 1 tower they rush to bot for quadruple targon and take tier 1-3 tower and inhib by 13mins-16mins :/ gold iv + it really ruins the game and I feel pretty useless knowing 4vs 2 bot lane quadruple targon.

FlynnOFlenniken

11-23-2013

I will definitely miss being able to do this.

Name:  lol-s4-lots-of-wards.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  360.2 KB

NiceanLoH

11-23-2013

I agree. The game feels bad now, and I'm tempted to try it out in a few months, but leave well enough alone for now.

I like many of the changes, but it feels so spectacularly unbalanced that I don't think it's worth the fun/time ratio. I'd rather play piano than be forced to deal with the huge imbalances.

The worst part is that it does feel like we haven't been listened to. I appreciate the hotfixes, and that you sent Xelnath in to announce them (he's one of our favorites), but it just straight up feels bad, and I don't know how else to describe it. Supporting, warding, the trinkets.... I'll let you know if I can put my finger on it. Maybe it's just change. Maybe.

HeY x SeAn

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufoo View Post
as a support main, the changes were awesome. I love not being a cc and ward ***** anymore. I seriously do not understand why ANYONE in their right minds would want to go back to season 3 supporting.
^ an idiot who mained support to hate warding and ccing team ... makes sense ...

i mained adc i hated being the person to auto attack from behind the line tho fck this logic

xDingwithsalad

11-23-2013

Quote:
That is not very kind of you to say Summoner. I am sorry that you are upset with my decision.
"Thank God" indicates happiness.

Shoxor

11-23-2013

Quote:
With the new changes coming to pass for the support role there has been many issues I have faced personally in both joy and effectiveness. My motivation to play has sunk almost entirely as the only role that I play and enjoy most has seen such dramatic change that I cannot find joy it in currently anymore.

I was open to adapt to the new season just as I always have in seasons one, two, and three. I never expected it to be so very different, I feel as if I have lost my place within the game unless changes are made. I am glad that others are able to enjoy more, but for myself I will be not following in the same unfortunately.
I feel ya. Except I'm just taking a break cuz of how the jungling role is now. The whole 'targon' business is so demoralizing. I don't get the point of jungling when I could just go top with someone and play the game getting the same (if not better items) without the stress of dealing with 4 other teammates wanting ganks.

Some changes have to be made with the way things are now. Guess I'll pop back once they're implemented.

12345612 ... 25