Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

11-23-2013

Will Thresh, for instance, be able to proc the Targon passive if he gets into Melee range to perform the auto attack? I think that would be a cool adition that would allow Thresh to still build the item, considering its GREAT on him.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-23-2013
9 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Demiurge View Post
Any time you are sitting at max charges you are 0gp5, and Frostfang provides 4gp5. So, that's easy enough to prove.

I'd love to see your math on the ideal case gp5 of the item, used once in a lane, and how it is not less than the 12gp5 that Frostfang provides in the ideal case.
Frostfang's cooldown is unique per unit, so thats 16 g / 10 + 4 g / 10

MajorLuck

11-23-2013

Could you also include a change to the Spoils of war giving away junglers position when he is in a bush

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-23-2013
10 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMalevolent View Post
Lol^

On a serious note, do you feel like you have lowered the skill cap for CS'ing as an ADC? I feel like CS'ing was an important part of making it to late game. You could see the large differences in skill because of it, and actually allowed for comebacks from earlier setbacks. I like the first blood changes in early minutes, but I feel like (for lack of a better way to say this) skills and awareness have been dumbed down. In that i mean Cs'ing isn't as valuable of a skill when you get 2-8 free last hits per minute from relic/targons, as well as free wards. I wouldn't mind trinkets if they weren't free wards. I mean imagine for a second if you had simply sweeper or the seeker trinkets, and made it player responsibilities to buy wards, still at a 3 ward caps.

Additionally, I gotta say, jungle as was with the changes to jungle items would be nice (one can hope). The new wraith thing (Wight i believe) doesn't really benefit jungle. Jungle wasn't about having more camps. We could change the map and add 5 more camps, and decrease the experience accordingly. but in the end, if you need to be at least level 3 to gank, what you end up with is less time with red/blue buff during ganks because you spent more time in the jungle. (I hope this makes sense)

The thing i fear most going forward for this games evolution is the same absurdity that has plagued many many games is the developer attitudes that "once we made something we can't go back", in regards to trinkets and gold items and jungle changes.

None of this was made in disrespect, just my opinions, I like this game a lot, i've played since Season 1 and have bought more riot points than I'd like to admit lol. But you're alienating your old fans and making the game inconsistent.
Once we take away the execute proc from ranged marksman, I think it will get bot lane back where it should be. I'm OK with the idea that your support can support you by last hitting once in a while tho.

LtSmashFSP

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Once we take away the execute proc from ranged marksman, I think it will get bot lane back where it should be. I'm OK with the idea that your support can support you by last hitting once in a while tho.
What about not letting the jungle monsters smash you into the ground? That is also a big problem at the moment.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

Look, you can clearly just look at relic shield and see how much gold it generates. You can then look at other gold generation items and see a clear obvious and undeniable discrepancy. I don't see how this is even an argument. The proof is literally right there for everyone to see. You'd have to try to NOT see it.

xImaginaryfriend

11-23-2013

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm so glad you've all been enjoying the preseason.

pfffhahahaha

Just an fyi, as a support main(probably former if this keeps up) this is the worst patch the game has seen since I started playing during leona release week. I can't even properly put into words how irritated I've been at this bs.

Axiom Prime

11-23-2013

"Relic Shield's execute will not proc on ranged attacks"

I assume this means that Relic shield will only be useful on melee supports like Taric, Leona, Alistar. Which I'm actually perfectly fine with because it's a tanky item and thus should only be rewarding to build on a tank. Basically without the smite proccing the gold cannot be procced either.

Zan Vorez

11-23-2013

Quote:
My mouth. It is suddenly full of so many words I did not put here.

I am a jungle main. I don't intend to allow junglers to disappear. A cursory analysis has shown that you get substantially more XP in jungle than sharing a top lane. Similarly, you get very competitive gold and very strong map pressure which forces lanes to play a certain way.

I'm not sure that 2:1:2 is as strong as people perceive it to be. This implies that players may be enjoying this because its new, novel or perhaps has some strengths that we don't clearly understand. Thus, it warrants further analysis, not brutal murder.
Even if 2:1:2 becomes strong enough to embed itself in the meta, making jungling optional doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. The meta has been SO stale for quite some time and I for one and enjoying seeing something new... Now, if only we could make it so ADC's were optional and not 100% "mandatory or else you get reported and raged at"... then I'd be happy.

Arcus Veles

11-23-2013

Can we get Relic Shield changed to Relic Targe or something along those lines? We don't have any targes, but we have a ton of shields, including a Runic Shield mastery to make things nice and confusing.

Kind of off-topic, but I figure since you're looking at it I should bring it up here.