Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainbowTrenches

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Is this a message from the future? Because I don't know what the Gelid is.
I think what the poster is saying is that the frost queen's gold line becomes less effective late because many supports have their accidental AOE kill minions too easily when trying to hit champions with a spell, triggering the 10 second cooldown. (Soraka's starfall, Sona's ultimate, Lulu's q ect.)

The final upgrade does seem a bit lackluster- you're paying 715 gold for a 50 damage aoe 2 second 50% slow (and a small AOE at that) every minute, 10 ap and 3 mp5; instead of paying 675 gold for 20 health, 10% CDR and a 10% your max health exploding health shield; or 970 gold for 1 mp5, 2hp5, 20% CDR and an AOE 40% team movespeed boost for 3 seconds for your team every minute. The other final upgrades seem to have more of an incentive to grab them earlier.

Wicked Demiurge

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman Fizz View Post
That doesn't actually solve anything. The main problem is that it's giving more gold than all the other income items and it super safe because of all the HP regen and passive sustain, so every support would still have to buy it. Making it unique just ruins any new strategies that can come out of it and doesn't actually fix the part where the item is broken OP.
Even pre-nerf, it has the lowest perfect-case GP5, and the lowest worst case GP5 in the hands of a single champ (the duo lane messes with the math). Please explain how that makes it mandatory.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Demiurge View Post
Even pre-nerf, it has the lowest perfect-case GP5, and the lowest worst case GP5 in the hands of a single champ (the duo lane messes with the math). Please explain how that makes it mandatory.
Because what you just said is completely false. You can't start an argument by saying something wrong. It's like going "2+2 = 3, so tell me how 2 isn't OP compared to 1."

Zerglinator

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
You can have any impression you want.
It's not at all about the impression I WANT, it's the impression I GET.

Rekov

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

Ugh it is so easy to fix this.

Relic Shield: If you have a relic shield, you cannot receive money from a relic shield.

Is it seriously so hard to realize this?

Wicked Demiurge

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Because what you just said is completely false. You can't start an argument by saying something wrong. It's like going "2+2 = 3, so tell me how 2 isn't OP compared to 1."
Any time you are sitting at max charges you are 0gp5, and Frostfang provides 4gp5. So, that's easy enough to prove.

I'd love to see your math on the ideal case gp5 of the item, used once in a lane, and how it is not less than the 12gp5 that Frostfang provides in the ideal case.

GhostStalker

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
It's not at all about the impression I WANT, it's the impression I GET.
you're being molested by his impressions!

abort abort!

Maximum Hexerin

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekov View Post
Relic Shield: If you have a relic shield, you cannot receive money from a relic shield.
do you honestly expect riot to take the logical and simple path?

LawlerBrawler

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekov View Post

The only problem is that it's still blatantly better than the other two support gold items

aceofsween

11-23-2013

Xelnath,

I think the problem people have reconciling with the jungle is that these changes were all packaged as buffs, but in fact they aren't. Every camp has reduced XP values from Season 3 and almost every camp has reduced gold values. Overall, the gold from the jungle may be the same, but the jungle itself is now more difficult as almost every camp is doing more damage and in order to get the same income/XP level, you now have to kill a 4th camp. This makes everything delayed.

Top that off with the fact that the items you have to buy for the jungle are now less rewarding to purchase than before and the new stupid power granted by almost everyone having a trinket right off the bat plus the new GP5 items and it's no surprise that we're not seeing as many junglers.

Also, why is it that supports can now invest in their bonus gold generation immediately, but junglers have to spend 2000 more gold before they can effectively make use of it?