Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

USS BUTTPEE

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Okay. If I was talking about time in a general sense saying "I reduced my time traveled by 50%" would mean going to 120 KPH from 60 KPH. But who talks like that? It's just a bizarre way to do conversions.
Mathematicians and statisticians, for one.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
Mathematicians and statisticians, for one.
And this would be why this **** is so difficult to keep track of. First subtraction, now increasing the reduction of time. Where does it end?

If we can agree on whether subtraction does or does not exist this would be a lot simpler.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-23-2013
8 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegfriedx1 View Post
Xelnath, could you open some thinking about balacing the Gelid Quinn item?

There is a very sharp and deep lost in effect on later levels with it, mainly because of the hardness to land hits and the fast kill effect when you actually hit one. It becomes worst when the item provides slow that you probably will use to kill someone instead of delivering blows to gain money.

Maybe reducing the cooldown to each blow to 6 seconds instead of 10.
Is this a message from the future? Because I don't know what the Gelid is.

Wicked Demiurge

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHUEAHUEAHUEA View Post
I really wonder why it took them until now to actually try to math it out, after seeing it being pretty much abused in the live release. It's like the team doesn't understand the game.
The weird thing is even pre-nerf it wasn't the highest GP5, but the problem is unlike the other two items, it doesn't have any punishment for last hitting normally, so you could run two per lane, which vastly increased the lane gold as a whole.

This kinda fixes that, but it nerfs the hell out of it for when people were playing as intended, i.e. support with relic, ADC with ADC items.

Furi Kuri

11-23-2013

Is this a wasted reply? Yes, yes it is.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-23-2013

These changes confirmed to be good. Hashinshin is too distracted with arguing about semantics to actually complain about the changes themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Okay. If I was talking about time in a general sense saying "I reduced my time traveled by 50%" would mean going to 120 KPH from 60 KPH. But who talks like that? It's just a bizarre way to do conversions.

PentaBiII

11-23-2013

>make awesomely fun item
>crybabies everywhere
>nerf it into the ground

Yeah. Awesome. If you think people are going to buy Targon at all after these extremely heavy-handed nerfs, you're insane. All you had to do was make the unique passive.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

I'm pretty sure relic guard in its current state has made the game actually unfun for top laners. Before our fun was taxed by junglers, now it has been completely taken away. I have no complaints about these changes at all, TiberiusAudley.

Additionally with the melee-only clause Riot has actually addressed the melee vs. ranged support problem, which again leads me to have no complaints.

ADDITIONALLY leaving targons mostly out of this in terms of nerfs is good, because I actually think investing that much gold early in the game for gold gains should be rewarded.

So no, no complaints so far. Would I have done it differently? Probably. But this is fine for me.

siegfriedx1

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Is this a message from the future? Because I don't know what the Gelid is.
In Portuguese the name is "Rainha Gelida".
It's the gold item for ability power.

Irelia Bot

11-23-2013

Can you make it so that if someone has a gold income item they can not receive the gold Relics/mountains passive.

Duo lanes getting this item are making jungle almost pointless when they both start with Relic.