Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
Reducing the charge rate

2 charges/min --> 1 charge/min

Math harder hashinshin
Except it recharges at a rate of 1 per 30 seconds. Reducing that recharge rate would put it at 1 per 45 seconds. You're changing the numbers to make it line up when that's not how it works. You have to be careful with percents or you'll do... what you just did.

Things are measured in X per Y. There are one thousand meters per kilometer. Your way would just be bizarre and make it impossible to track percents correctly.

Fisherman Fizz

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Except it recharges at a rate of 1 per 30 seconds. Reducing that recharge rate would put it at 1 per 45 seconds. You're changing the numbers to make it line up when that's not how it works. You have to be careful with percents or you'll do... what you just did.

Things are measured in X per Y. There are one thousand meters per kilometer. Your way would just be bizarre and make it impossible to track percents correctly.
Reducing the charge rate by 50% would mean it's now at a rate of .5 per 30 seconds. Reducing a rate would mean it's being slowed down =P

siegfriedx1

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Yup.
Xelnath, could you open some thinking about balacing the Gelid Quinn item?

There is a very sharp and deep lost in effect on later levels with it, mainly because of the hardness to land hits and the fast kill effect when you actually hit one. It becomes worst when the item provides slow that you probably will use to kill someone instead of delivering blows to gain money.

Maybe reducing the cooldown to each blow to 6 seconds instead of 10.

Broseph Stalin

11-23-2013

so is jungling going to get buffed? because right now it just feels like its been nerfed, even without the broken item thats making 2-1-2 popular

Wicked Demiurge

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
How does that solve the current problems with double-bruiser lanes taking it?
Nerfing the gp5 into the ground is not the best way to fix it, but will work anyways.

The first minion wave melee minion is worth 20 gold, so 25 with Relic, per 60 seconds, which is 2.1gp5. Spellthief's edge gives 2gp5 without ever attacking an enemy champion. If you do, it gives up to 6gp5 in a duo lane. Additionally, the post-nerf Relic line gets the worst gp5 scaling of any gp5 item, as going to FOTM only adds 0.4gp5 additional, whereas Frostfang gets an additional 6gp5 under perfect use.

TLDR: this is a big nerf, and you will see fewer Relics by far, except on people who need the health / hp5 anyways and have to sacrifice GP5 to get it.

ice654

11-23-2013

Quote:
However, keep in mind most of the gold you share is still gold your lane mate could have CS'd themselves.
I don't get the point of this caveat. The point is that it *isn't* gold your lane mate could have cs'd themselves, since it doubles the gold and essentially gives you 8 extra cs in lane every two minutes. It gives gold your lane partner *couldn't* have cs'd themselves

Doumz

11-23-2013

@Xelnath I still don't understand why you changed old camps in the jungle so much so they get more hp/damage and less gold/xp. Why didn't you just add Wight camp? It was the easiest thing to do to balance the jungle so it add more gold/xp/routes. I feel like clearing an additional camp for 10 more gold is downright stupid for the damage I must do more (2000+hp to monsters) and the damage I take (150 more attack damage from monsters).

Savior Skills

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

Quote:
We'll keep an eye on thresh, but thresh has his E build-up which means he has better-than-average last hitting capabilities.

Is that still correct or am I missing something?
I'm a little confused what you mean by this. Are you saying Thresh will not be able to proc spoils of war with auto attacks, but can still do so with Flay (E)? If so, I can live with that.

hashinshin

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman Fizz View Post
Reducing the charge rate by 50% would mean it's now at a rate of .5 per 30 seconds. Reducing a rate would mean it's being slowed down =P
Okay. If I was talking about time in a general sense saying "I reduced my time traveled by 50%" would mean going to 120 KPH from 60 KPH. But who talks like that? It's just a bizarre way to do conversions.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

I really wonder why it took them until now to actually try to math it out, after seeing it being pretty much abused in the live release. It's like the team doesn't understand the game.