@Riot, Why isn't Soraka banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakatSilvermane View Post
In that case, ban mundo as well. Percent health damage and healing for about 60% of their max HP too op.
Soraka first.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
from One for All?

If you're banning Karthus and Teemo, then add Soraka to that list.

It's no fun playing against a team that can infinite heal their teammates mana and health while reducing your MR to sh*t with multiple starcalls.
I agree that we need to keep our eyes on this sort of thing. We certainly would like to tune it to be more and more fun in any future iterations. If we came to believe that Soraka is as OP or frustrating as Karthus or Teemo were, we would certainly ban her out at some point. I know the team is monitoring all of this closely. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend running executioner's calling vs this -- it works pretty well.

That being said, mode is not supposed to be the pinnacle of competitive gaming, it's supposed to be fun. Some match-ups, much like aram match-ups, are a little one-sided, and balancing them all is just not feisable -- but we think the mode is a good fun for a bit nonetheless.

Aroph

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I'd recommend running executioner's calling vs this -- it works pretty well.
Please.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2013

Quote:
I agree that we need to keep our eyes on this sort of thing. We certainly would like to tune it to be more fun in future iterations. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend running executioner's calling vs this -- it works pretty well.

That being said, mode is not supposed to be the pinnacle of competitive gaming, it's supposed to be fun.
Thanks for the response, yet all of what you said can be applied to Teemo and Karthus(different items of course).

ChakatSilvermane

11-23-2013

Quote:
I agree that we need to keep our eyes on this sort of thing. We certainly would like to tune it to be more fun in future iterations. In the meanwhile, I'd recommend running executioner's calling vs this -- it works pretty well.

That being said, mode is not supposed to be the pinnacle of competitive gaming, it's supposed to be fun.
Ty for telling them to build around their opponents. Common sense is no longer so common.

Shiister

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakatSilvermane View Post
Ty for telling them to build around their opponents. Common sense is no longer so common.
Guess people should build around Karthus and Teemo th- oh wait

Dryad Soraka

11-23-2013

LOL

you're joking right?

Shiister

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
LOL

you're joking right?
The foe we must defeat guys.

Lagginator

11-23-2013

Could you ban Nidalee from OFA? Playing against her isn't even fun, the optimal range to fight her is between two horrible killzones and she's ridiculously mobile. Better yet, you could completely rework her so she no longer has obscene damage at ultra long range AND at melee range AND tons of free movespeed from bushes. I don't know how this champ has escaped nerfs for so long, but she's been one of the most bullsht champs in League since season 2.

YGY818

11-23-2013

Ban Nasus from the game while you're at it.

5 Nasus w/ teleport, Ult, Q, farm.. Too brokenly strong.