Relic, Rakkor and Face of the Mountain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toru Itai

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonCannonKarthus View Post
Jungler > 2-1-2 because Smite
one duo top champ can pick up smite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sciencemon

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevelFaithful View Post
In general, melle attacks are melle and ranged are ranged, so no. Kayle's AA is always melee, for that matter.
no. kayle's AA w/ her E on is considered ranged. trying buying hydra and hurricane and check it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TB Wolf

Member

11-23-2013

As for my thoughts on this change: I dislike everything EXCEPT the 60 second charge.

It makes sense to increase the charge time since relic shield gives you as a support player 27.6666~ gold per 30 seconds currently, whereas ancient coin gives you 14~ gold per 30 seconds, but making it melee only and reducing the max Targon stacks is really not needed.

The item will be balanced with the Relic shield nerf. If the others go through, it'll be flat out terrible compared to the other 2 gold items, at least in bot lane, because of the lack of good melee supports nowadays. Taric is bad, Blitz is decent, but this would force him to step out of bushes a decent bit, Alistar is currently underplayed and not very good, etc.

Why bother making 3 items if you're going to force only 2 to be viable now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Congratulations 2-1-2 is officially dead this hot fix.

There goes one of the best changes since S1. I mean did it go over well, no. But that was because you utterly and completely failed with changes to the jungle.

Well it was nice while it lasted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JevelFaithful

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencemon View Post
no. kayle's AA w/ her E on is considered ranged. trying buying hydra and hurricane and check it
Thanks for correcting me, now that you mention it. I remember they explicitly mention it becomes ranged. I think nasus's ult version is stil melee tought.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post
As for my thoughts on this change: I dislike everything EXCEPT the 60 second charge.

It makes sense to increase the charge time since relic shield gives you as a support player 27.6666~ gold per 30 seconds currently, whereas ancient coin gives you 14~ gold per 30 seconds, but making it melee only and reducing the max Targon stacks is really not needed.

The item will be balanced with the Relic shield nerf. If the others go through, it'll be flat out terrible compared to the other 2 gold items, at least in bot lane, because of the lack of good melee supports nowadays. Taric is bad, Blitz is decent, but this would force him to step out of bushes a decent bit, Alistar is currently underplayed and not very good, etc.

Why bother making 3 items if you're going to force only 2 to be viable now?
You can still use it on ranged champions. You simply do not get bonus damage to low HP minions on ranged champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illiase

Senior Member

11-23-2013

I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on this change's affect on Thresh, Xelnath? I see most people (myself included) build the Relic shield line on him since it offers some nice tank stats as well as the gold income, unlike the other two gold income options. However, Thresh is technically ranged, so this could be an indirect nerf to him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catches Axes

Senior Member

11-23-2013

So as an ADC, I can still expect to have to rush Targon's Brace, right? Even if the gold income is back in line with the other gold items, my ability to buy one doubles it.

I'm... less than enthusiastic about being forced to start essentially 900 gold in the whole every game so that supports can have gold. I understand that it's currently the best option and I'm doing it, but besides the fact that the sheer sustain levels on this item are causing some really, really, really obnoxiously boring bot lane matchups, it just doesn't feel fun. I love that supports will have gold. I'm even happy to help them get gold. I'm not happy to be set back a bunch of gold so that they can get gold.

So, to the point: Xelnath, assuming that you consider this a healthy amount of gold for supports, is there any way you folks could roll that extra gold into *their* items while finding a way to make double Targon's not a requirement?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceplosion

Senior Member

11-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiase View Post
I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on this change's affect on Thresh, Xelnath? I see most people (myself included) build the Relic shield line on him since it offers some nice tank stats as well as the gold income, unlike the other two gold income options. However, Thresh is technically ranged, so this could be an indirect nerf to him.
Bump for this. Thresh is ranged, but the Relic line of items works best on him even by concept alone. I know his AA is coded in a wierd way because of the fact it's not a projectile. Will Thresh still be allowed to use the item in melee attack range? Before you say he doesn't have a melee attack range, his animations say otherwise as he has a melee attack animation (I'm unsure of the range myself however.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-23-2013
4 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiase View Post
I'm just curious, what are your thoughts on this change's affect on Thresh, Xelnath? I see most people (myself included) build the Relic shield line on him since it offers some nice tank stats as well as the gold income, unlike the other two gold income options. However, Thresh is technically ranged, so this could be an indirect nerf to him.
We'll keep an eye on thresh, but thresh has his E build-up which means he has better-than-average last hitting capabilities.

Is that still correct or am I missing something?