FPS Issues on Death Using Mac Client

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

11-22-2013
2 of 18 Riot Posts

Are you guys still experiencing a short freeze after death with the latest patch? We believe we may have resolved this issue despite having some difficulty reproducing it on our various hardware.

If you are still experiencing the issue please post your r3d logs to help us narrow it down further. Thanks.

Sophronios

11-22-2013

I still have the issue; in fact, the latest patch has made it a bit worse. A log from my latest game is attached.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

11-22-2013
3 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronios View Post
I still have the issue; in fact, the latest patch has made it a bit worse. A log from my latest game is attached.
Thanks for the logs. If we could get a few more from other players to correlate our assumptions that'd be perfect.

MasterForce

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
Thanks for the logs. If we could get a few more from other players to correlate our assumptions that'd be perfect.
Here's my contribution, as this issue kinda forces me out of the "marksman' role because I can barely time barrier right. :/

Space Racist

11-22-2013

I'd like to mention that I am on a PC and I get a drop in FPS as soon as first blood happens, most noticeably on Howling Abyss. And this issue predated the latest patch.

Adaptation Hime

11-23-2013

I was having that issue as well, on howling abyss in particular I asked other members on my team if they were experiencing the same thing and everyone said no. I haven't tested today, but I will be sure to post what happens after I come back from game plus gym. Im not using mac client

Warriorman21

11-23-2013

I don't have logs per se, but this usually happens to me much more often when I die in the middle of a cluster****, especially in ARAM first blood.

Adamosaur

11-23-2013

I still have this problem. I am running Lion (a bit old) and have always had this issue. It happens always on the first death. In an ARAM game (lotsa deaths) it'll happen on only the first death. Sometimes in normal games and bot games on summoner's rift it will happen if I don't die for awhile (5-10 consecutive minutes). I've grown used to it. It is only really a serious issue with post death passive. Those extra 2 seconds of frozen basically make karthus,zyra,kogmaw passive unable to be used effectively.

VirtualPlay

11-23-2013

I too have noticed this problem, ever since 3.13 hit (3.14 made it worse). My specs are:

Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Attached are the logs from my two most recent games.

Mike4Real

01-04-2014

Bump.

1234567 ... 11