Game Modes Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LxLegend

11-21-2013

League the Duel

A 1v1 mode where players start at level 18 with 25000 gold.

Win Condition: Win the round by killing your opponent or dealing the highest amount of damage by the end of the round. Best out of 3 rounds wins the match, each round last 3 minutes.

Map: magma chamber.

After a short buy time (30 seconds) both teams/players are released and allowed to move into the middle of the map. At which time they will have 3 minutes to kill each other. If no champion is killed then the champion that dealt the most damage wins. After the end of a round both teams are reset (Complete with 25000 gold and no items) and placed in the base/buy area from which they will repeat the process and begin the next round.

Banned items: Guardian's Angle and Warmogs

Concept: When people say "1v1 me" veteran players know they are talking about sub level 9 fights where people even farm minions. Well why don't see what happens 1v1 at level 18 full build and see who's best then?

No one wants to farm SR or HA for 20 minutes to make this happen 1v1s there usually end long before level 16. And when we theory craft this game we usually do it with level 18 champions in mind so why don't we let theory crafters fight it out and see who wins?

Hamut

11-21-2013

Zombie Apocalypse:

Every unit killed by a champion that is not already a zombie revives at full health (and mana/energy/rage etc.) on the side of whoever killed it (it is now a zombie). Zombies are worth no gold and have health decay similar to Yorick's Ghouls but at a slower rate (5% per second might be too slow but it's a good starting point). Zombies follow whoever killed them if no enemy is in line of sight, otherwise they use minion AI (except that they will cast spells like bots if they are a champion zombie). The rest is a normal game of summoner's rift. Not balanced but certainly fun.

Just imagine a baron fight where whoever pulls the clutch smite not only gets baron buff, but also has zombie baron to back them up. Or assassinating an enemy carry, only to have them get right back up and start shooting their team.

Arcus Diabolus

11-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneevil View Post
Off the Grid

Players can only see within their LOS, and can only chat with and send pings to all players of live champions within or just beyond their LOS radius including enemy champions (team chat disabled, so enemies can eavesdrop). Strategically-placed warning horns are placed throughout the map and can be triggered by both teams (channeling for one second) to alert all live players.

Players are only informed of champion kills within their LOS. Only witnessed killstreaks are announced as such. All champion item listings and stats are withheld in a fashion similar to enemy champion items and CS: last known is displayed until seen by the player's champion. Death timers for other champions are not displayed.
I like this idea. I causes someone to be a runner and supply as much info as they can get while maintaining a jungler like roll.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

11-22-2013
4 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxLegend View Post
League the Duel

A 1v1 mode where players start at level 18 with 25000 gold.

Win Condition: Win the round by killing your opponent or dealing the highest amount of damage by the end of the round. Best out of 3 rounds wins the match, each round last 3 minutes.

Map: magma chamber.

After a short buy time (30 seconds) both teams/players are released and allowed to move into the middle of the map. At which time they will have 3 minutes to kill each other. If no champion is killed then the champion that dealt the most damage wins. After the end of a round both teams are reset (Complete with 25000 gold and no items) and placed in the base/buy area from which they will repeat the process and begin the next round.

Banned items: Guardian's Angle and Warmogs

Concept: When people say "1v1 me" veteran players know they are talking about sub level 9 fights where people even farm minions. Well why don't see what happens 1v1 at level 18 full build and see who's best then?

No one wants to farm SR or HA for 20 minutes to make this happen 1v1s there usually end long before level 16. And when we theory craft this game we usually do it with level 18 champions in mind so why don't we let theory crafters fight it out and see who wins?
This seems like a really easy variation on 1v1. I will make sure this idea gets to the right people. I would love to use this to test my new build ideas on of my friends.

I Smited Nexus

11-22-2013

Why not a 10 man protect the nexus?

we each have 10 nexus and small bases, and you have to beat down walls gaurded by respawning mininons, something along those lines.

it'd get a new map tho

RiotForScience

11-22-2013
5 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbeard View Post
Reverse Draft.

Ban champions that you don't want to have stuck on your team.

You pick a champion that the enemy has to play.

Once all 10 champions are locked in, teammates can trade like normal, if they want to.

I used to play Street Fighter 2 like this. Hilarity always ensued. I think I would learn a lot by playing this mode.

The Ghost Orchid

11-22-2013

Renegade champions invade summoner's rift. Instead of Baron or Dragon spawns, actually champions spawn and roam the map, attacking either team. Their gear/level is determined by average level of all player champs. If they survive and more champs spawn, they'll form their own team and constantly gank. Could be interesting.

Nuclear Dragon

11-22-2013

Excuse me, RiotForScience, sir, but when we suggest game modes is there a POSSIBILITY that you guys will make map changes to accommodate or make simple, new maps? I think this is a pretty big factor in determining what game modes we are capable of suggesting and as well as which modes you are willing to make.

Larronb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiloughNA View Post
Regressive :
Champions start the game at level 18 and lose experience instead of gaining it. Upon level down, players must downgrade an ability. The gold flow remains unchanged.
I like this idea but i think the level downs should cap at level 6 so they have all their skills still.

RiotForScience

11-22-2013
6 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dragon View Post
Excuse me, RiotForScience, sir, but when we suggest game modes is there a POSSIBILITY that you guys will make map changes to accommodate or make simple, new maps? I think this is a pretty big factor in determining what game modes we are capable of suggesting and as well as which modes you are willing to make.

Please just call me RiotForScience, Sir RiotForScience is my Dad's name . This thread is for discussion and feedback of game mode ideas. It is not a submission thread. I cannot promise that any idea (regardless of scale or quality) will be executed or considered for the live game. I can promise that I will read them all and give feedback as often as I can. So, please post map ideas of any scale. Also, please feel free to give feedback on each other's ideas as well.