Summoner's Rift Detailed Art feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

11-15-2013
37 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMx12 View Post
I'd like to make a request to Riot to adjust what the Min-Spec is... This game is going into it's 4th season, and what was considered Min-Spec 3+ years ago should have progressed since then, not stayed the same.

Yes, I understand that it's great to have as large of a potential customer base as possible. Let's not forget that people below a new Min-Spec might still have a playable game...

Also, you'd greatly be benefitting your even larger customer base that aren't running at min-spec, and encouraging the sales growth in the PC Gaming community, by encouraging gamers to upgrade VERY outdated machines.

Let's not forget the benefit to EVERYONE this would make, with games loading a lot quicker if the community as a whole had slightly faster machines. Lyte would be happy if there were less reason to attack teammates for loading so slowly with their 486 Windows 3.1 machine. You already stopped showing pings because it only hurts, so does a individual that had a drastically large load time.

Riot is quickly expanding into regions that do not have the same access to upgrades as NA and EU. Our min-spec is a reflection of trying to serve those players as well as our players that have access to better technology.

TheDevicer

11-15-2013

It wold be cool if the camps had a little more thought put into them. When you think about it, why are there random animated golems, packs of wraiths, and a family of wolves that roam the fields of justice?

exec3

11-15-2013

In regards to load times Riot would be better off changing how the game loads, like having it load during champ select. I remember when I tried Dawngate the game would load instantaneously (it was actually weird not having a load screen and instead jumping in game the moment the timer reached 0) and I can only assume it was because the game loaded in champ select. It was one of the few things I thought Dawngate did better than League (along with the lovely lovely pie chart damage recap that gave so much more information than League's [and I think let you check it again after you revived!] and the main map).

PillowTalkPrince

11-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
His name is King Poro.... we don't talk about King Poro....
No I'm pretty sure we need to hear more about King Poro D:

Korsyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2013

Hello. Regarding the map themes (referring to SR), it would be a neat idea to put a option for each player at the que, which theme they would like to play with. The map will be the same, no matter the theme, so if one player wants the autumn theme, another the winter one and one the classic summer that option would make them happy. Same map, but different theme for each player. Also, have the themes be available on all periods of the year. Personally I would love to play the autumn one on all periods of the year and if I want to go "snowy" in the middle of the summer, so be it. I don't think this will affect the balance if a player goes with autumn and another with winter. If the player is comfortable with the map and it's colors, the gameplay will be more pleasant for him, in my opinion.

gulgolet2000

11-17-2013

If Summoner's Rift gets a VU I want to know..:
1. Who is the Yordle shopkeeper, and know what/who is this "goat-beast-thing" of him (or is he?) that sits by the shop.
2. How are minions created. Where did they get their clothes from. What are they made of.
3. Why are they Wraiths in this place (lore-wise).
4. Why was the shop (during the beta phase) Pantheon with boobs and a weird number of arms? And why is he still there (Crying at the corner, near the "goat-beast-thing", because he was fired)?
5, and the most important one: WHAT HAPPEND TO BOB?! (The "Pink Goblin" Shopkeeper.)

RiotForScience

11-22-2013
38 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevicer View Post
It wold be cool if the camps had a little more thought put into them. When you think about it, why are there random animated golems, packs of wraiths, and a family of wolves that roam the fields of justice?

Yeah I want to +1 this. I think it would be a win from both an artistic point of view as well as from a design/orientation standpoint, If you could tell that wolves(for example) spawned from this specific area of the map. Perhaps even having indications that "Wolves live here" in the geography immediately surrounding the camp. That way while you are walking through the jungle you get a lot of context clues to indicate where you are.

The other ideas that have been brought up are also great, Thanks for sharing so much feedback. Please keep it coming.

NewDudeOverThere

11-23-2013

i would like to have the river actually look like a river rather than a small stream/ pond. the part where the river and mid lane should also change to a ruined bridge (it is in pieces, submerge in water, thus connecting the river. you guys can think about the top and bot parts) also change the torches/bonfires in the map (make them feel like real torches/bonfire that lights the jungle when you're close to it)

exec3

11-23-2013

It would actually be epic if the shopkeeper had dialogue like in ARAM. It would be great to give the shopkeeper a story (perhaps you'd need two different shopkeepers again with this) as well as the map a story.

RiotForScience

12-11-2013
39 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDudeOverThere View Post
i would like to have the river actually look like a river rather than a small stream/ pond. the part where the river and mid lane should also change to a ruined bridge (it is in pieces, submerge in water, thus connecting the river. you guys can think about the top and bot parts) also change the torches/bonfires in the map (make them feel like real torches/bonfire that lights the jungle when you're close to it)

I partially agree with this. I think it needs to look like something. At the moment it is called "the River" primarily as a holdover from the nomenclature of previous MOBAs. Just like the "Jungle" is called a jungle even though it is a pine forest. Right now the river doesn't feel like a river, it also doesn't feel like a stream or a pond it mostly feels like a bluish area on our map. I would be happy with it being anything, including it not even being a body of water. The important thing is that it looks deliberate and identifiable.