Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xProR2D2x

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdness123 View Post
It's only 3.75 seconds every 20-something seconds. Harass in that 20+ second window.
Yea but he can farm from safety I think.

Weirdness123

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProR2D2x View Post
Yea but he can farm from safety I think.
Doubt it depending on the matchup. His Q isn't exactly high range and his E is a champion gap closer. With LS quints, maybe. Still easily harassed by ranged champs.

Akalin R

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The Q is intended to be moderate reliability. It is slightly narrower than Corki R (the little ones). Combined with the need to land two in order to get the big pay off spell, low cooldown felt appropriate. I think of it as a skill shot basic attack.
How many thrust motion do you perform wielding a Kantana/Ōdachi?
It would just feel more natural to be a slashing/slicing motion instead a thrust.
A thrust motion that creats a whirlwind, doesn't sound right to me.

SASHIKISONS87

11-22-2013

Have you played Zed mid?

Yasuo will be like Zed without shuriken; the lack of ranged threat leaves the Q and auto. Hes outranged easily, though he has dash shenanigans. Outside of the threat of an all in, he has nothing stopping ranged harass from all the mid laners save the 20 cd shield.

Put it all together and it sounds as though the preferred early game for Yasuo will be to have minions push to his turret ala Kassadin

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProR2D2x View Post
He has immunity to ranged attacks and spells for a duration, how is he going to get bullied again?
Probably during the 22 seconds of downtime between casts of wind wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
At present, we are testing the Wind Wall at a 26/24/22/20/18 cooldown. The Wall currently lasts 3.75 seconds. Also note that Yasuo has poor offensive scaling with CDR.

RekiWylls

11-22-2013

So his dash is a targeted ability ala Fizz's Q? With a cooldown of 0.5-1, I would assume so, otherwise he crosses the Rift in no time at all.

Weirdness123

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASHIKISONS87 View Post
Have you played Zed mid?

Yasuo will be like Zed without shuriken; the lack of ranged threat leaves the Q and auto. Hes outranged easily, though he has dash shenanigans. Outside of the threat of an all in, he has nothing stopping ranged harass from all the mid laners save the 20 cd shield.

Put it all together and it sounds as though the preferred early game for Yasuo will be to have minions push to his turret ala Kassadin
Except Yasuo doesn't have a freely placeable escape/gap closer Which can be used to damage.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
7 of 11 Riot Posts

Early iterations of Yasuo's Q were conal AOEs. The gameplay wasn't right. The katana is actually a very capable thrusting weapon and the mechanic was exactly what Yasuo needed.

AnnieIsCute

11-22-2013

How sure are you on having such a condition on a champions ult?

Not being able to ult is never fun.

Boyahda

11-22-2013

This champ seems ****ing awesome. Poor Fiora though .