Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RuneKatashima

11-22-2013

First Ult that I can think of that has a requirement.

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneKatashima View Post
First Ult that I can think of that has a requirement.

Katarina's.

The Neverworld

11-22-2013

CertainlyT I'm sorry to take your time, but would you lend me your eyes for a short time?

I was definitely a Samurai in my pre-existence and I love japan culture. I always wished for a Samurai entering the league, even though people really thought Yi would be a Samurai, but clearly isn't.

I even made a own Concept about a Samurai, but that's not the point of it.

How will Yasuo scale off? I realized that he must be AD due to the "Yasuo is a sustained fighter" and due to the passive that gives him doubled critical chance. Am I right?

But my other thoughts are... Kassadin or Fizz for example. They are melee's, but are main mages. They deal extremely high damage with spells, but secondary damage with basic attacks.

What if Yasuo is AP based, but has free stats to be a secondary fighter? If so... please don't. A Samurai needs to be physical fighter and not a mage. I beg you CertainlyT. If there's any plan to make him AP/Mage, don't do it please.... I can't stand against it. Yi AP was way better than AD Yi now, but making a Samurai as AP would not only ruin human logic, but also ruin my hopes of a real Samurai in the League..

The Neverworld

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
Katarina's.
By "requirement" it means that the enemy has to be in a state to actually activate the ability.

Katarina's Ultimate is merely stricted to be used when it would successfully hit a enemy champion with it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
3 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM OVi View Post
What about the cooldown on his e? From the team fight description it seems like its a very low cd, letting him dash around applying the marks quickly before the knockup into ult. Thanks for answering
The cooldown on his E is almost zero (0.5-0.1). Functionally, this is a dash whose cooldown is calculated per target (10 to 6 seconds, non-reducible by CDR). As a result, Yasuo has high mobility through a fight, but is below average at training a single fleeing champion (The dash's cast range is 475; Irelia's Q is 650 for comparison).

Also, yes, Yasuo is not very interested in AP itemization. Basic attacks are central to his play pattern.

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Neverworld View Post
By "requirement" it means that the enemy has to be in a state to actually activate the ability.

Katarina's Ultimate is merely stricted to be used when it would successfully hit a enemy champion with it.
Still a condition :3.

Lemme think, i may find another one .

Bleh i think you're right :l

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The cooldown on his E is almost zero (0.5-0.1). Functionally, this is a dash whose cooldown is calculated per target (10 to 6 seconds, non-reducible by CDR). As a result, Yasuo has high mobility through a fight, but is below average at training a single fleeing champion (The dash's cast range is 475; Irelia's Q is 650 for comparison).

Also, yes, Yasuo is not very interested in AP itemization. Basic attacks are central to his play pattern.

Oh, you mean it works kinda like Irelia's passive? The more enemies around, the lower the cooldown is?

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
Oh, you mean it works kinda like Irelia's passive? The more enemies around, the lower the cooldown is?

No, if Yasuo dashes through Annie, he cannot dash through Annie for 10 more seconds, but he can almost immediately dash through anyone else. Think about it literally as an ability that has a cooldown per target, kind of like Udyr's Bear Stance stun.

SanSarra

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post

Another question here please .

I already asked first page but I may be more precise:

Did you design Yasuo for him to be more a bruiser (like Jax, or Darius), an AD "user" (Like Riven), or a damaging tank (Like Garen with IE, or shyvana) ?

Thanks you

Weirdness123

11-22-2013

What kind of CC is his ult's victim under? Can it be cleansed? It is like a suppression or is it literally a delayed knockup?