Questions about Yasuo's kit

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pocketbomb

Senior Member

11-21-2013

Just a few quick questions on Yasuo. Hoping to get a Rioter, who's played him in here to answer.

General
  • How do you pronounce Yasuo?
  • Does Yasuo use Mana or is 'Flow' considered his resource system?
Passive - Way of the Wanderer
  • Resolve - Does the shield scale with any stats (AD, AP, Health) or is it a flat, based on champion level type deal?
Q - Steal Tempest
  • While obviously not a dash, the ability does say 'thrusts forward' does this mean it moves him forward slightly like Trundle's Q and Udyr's E, or is it just a straight up line nuke like J4's Q?
  • When I reach three stacks of Gathering Storm is the cooldown on Q reset, or do I have to wait for it to come back up again? If it is reset, does holding on to it allow my regular Q's cooldown to tick down, like a 5 fury Rengar, basically acting as a separate spell on a separate cooldown, or will it be more like Lee Sin's spells, where the cooldown will not activate until my second cast?
  • Does casting Steel Tempest while being in the animation of Sweeping Blade allow Yasuo to build multiple stacks of Gathering Storm, if he hits multiple enemies?
  • While at Full Stacks of Gathering Storm can Yasuo use his EQ combo for an AoE knock up?
W - Windwall
  • Define 'all enemy projectiles': skill shots, targeted spells, autoattacks, Caitlyn's R?
  • What is the incentive for leveling this ability past level 1, only the cooldown of the active, or will there be other levers as well?

Feel free to answer my questions, if you caught something I missed, or add your own questions, and I'll edit them in to the OP.

Edit: thank you so much CertainlyT both for taking the time to respond to this thread and making such a bad ass champion! If you'd indulge me for one more question, how does Windwall interact with tetherers, sense you said it doesn't block thresh aas, I would assume it would not block Morgana ults are lazer birds either? I have to say Windwall sounds like an astonishing piece of tech, that must have been a real challenge to add to the game and I can't wait to try it out!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-22-2013

Yasuo is manaless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pocketbomb

Senior Member

11-22-2013

Please bump for clarification from Riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pocketbomb

Senior Member

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartar View Post
Yasuo is manaless.
I just reread the Preview and did not find this info in there, do you mind sighting your source?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaKiloGaming

Senior Member

11-22-2013

I have just been pronouncing it "Yay-so". Am I right? Probably not. I pronounce Riven, Nasus and Xin Zhou wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guiotine

Senior Member

11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartar View Post
Yasuo is manaless.
"Flow" is his resource, it says that quite clearly in his passive. Well, not quite resource. It's more of a mix between Morde Shield and Shyv Fury it seems, but increasing with MS rather than AAs

I say it Yah-su-oh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Neverworld

Senior Member

11-22-2013

About the pronounce: Go to google translator, take german, italian, or latin and press the voice button.

Seeing his kit, he's very likely to be without mana. The problem was with AP Yi, that he had always mana problems due to the casting type he was. As an AD Yi, who concentrates on closing gaps with Q, increasing his basic attacks with E and using W for situational healing, he has no mana problems anymore.

The kit of Yasuo is pretty easy, but is castable many times. So I think he has no real resource and his skills are only restricted by cooldowns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

Senior Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LutariFan

Senior Member

11-22-2013

I pronounce it Yah-sou.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

11-22-2013
1 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
How do you pronounce Yasuo?
Ya-Sue-Oh
Quote:
Does Yasuo use Mana or is 'Flow' considered his resource system?
Yasuo is manaless. Flow is tracked on his resource bar but is not required for him to cast his other abilities.
[/quote]Passive - Way of the Wanderer[*]Resolve - Does the shield scale with any stats (AD, AP, Health) or is it a flat, based on champion level type deal?[/quote]
The shield scales only with champion level. Movement speed causes it to occur more frequently and so is an indirect scalar.
Quote:
Q - Steal Tempest[*]While obviously not a dash, the ability does say 'thrusts forward' does this mean it moves him forward slightly like Trundle's Q and Udyr's E, or is it just a straight up line nuke like J4's Q?
Yasuo's Q does not move him. It is similar in nature to a very short and narrow Jarvan Q -- damage in a narrow line.
Quote:
[*]When I reach three stacks of Gathering Storm is the cooldown on Q reset, or do I have to wait for it to come back up again? If it is reset, does holding on to it allow my regular Q's cooldown to tick down, like a 5 fury Rengar, basically acting as a separate spell on a separate cooldown, or will it be more like Lee Sin's spells, where the cooldown will not activate until my second cast?
The cooldown does not reset. You have to wait for your Q to be naturally available again, at which point you can try to knock the opponent(s) up.
Quote:
[*]Does casting Steel Tempest while being in the animation of Sweeping Blade allow Yasuo to build multiple stacks of Gathering Storm, if he hits multiple enemies?
No, only one stack of Gathering Storm can be gained per time you cast Q.
Quote:
[*]While at Full Stacks of Gathering Storm can Yasuo use his EQ combo for an AoE knock up?
Yes. Note that the regular Q itself is also AOE however (in a line rather than a circle around him.
Quote:
W - Windwall[*]What is the incentive for leveling this ability past level 1, only the cooldown of the active, or will there be other levers as well?
The wall grows wider, the cooldown is reduced, and the associated passive (increased Flow gain while dashing) becomes more pronounced. This is the skill that grants you more defenses when leveled.


1234511 ... 20