A Plat I's opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
Every time I see a thread complaining about people who only play one role, and how that's a bad thing, I always just laugh.
You don't need to be good at any other lane to make it to a really high elo.
If you don't think Im right, that's fine of you, but I made it to plat 1 Playing literally only mid, and not knowing how to play any other champ than what I play mid.

So next time you rage or get mad at some one who only plays one role well, maybe think twice. I only played mid champs, and Mid lane(I'd basically go kennan for adc, support, and Top lane, and lee sin jungle and top lane), and I'd always favor towards duo mid than playing another role, and I made plat 1.

tl;dr
You only need to play 1 role and you can make it to diamond.
That's a ****ty attitude, because whether you like it or not, there are going to be hundreds of games where you and 1-2 other guys specialize in the same role, meaning someone is going to be ass-out. Pick order determines winner, so there will be quite a few auto-losses using your advice (which is counter-intuitive to the whole win ratio paradigm). The lower ELO you go, the more likely you're going to run into that problem, and the higher you go, the less likely it will be. Wild Turtle can legit play every role in the game at Challenger level, that's why he's the best solo queue NA by a good 3-fold margin.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realyst View Post
Pick order determines winner,
Pick order also determines what the meta is. I let them know kindly that they may have the choice to pick mid first, but I have the choice to pick the meta.

And as far as I know riot doesn't enforce meta, and from an objective standpoint, duo mid can in fact work.

Big Papa Rich

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
2 dodges is worth more lp then a win. One dodge is worth more mmr then a win.

Considering anyone under plat will only get their preferred role every like 3-4 queues, (considering it will almost always be top or mid) then your going down far faster then your going up even if you win every match that you actually play.

So ima call bs on this thread.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Dodging does not lower your MMR you ******.

l3atman

11-20-2013

Its not about getting high elo, it's about understanding the game. If you can only play 1 role you are a weaker player in general.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3atman View Post
Its not about getting high elo, it's about understanding the game. If you can only play 1 role you are a weaker player in general.
That's not entirely true. What I've found is if you're very comfortable with your situation, you tend to analyze things better, and see the bigger picture.

It's most noticeable when You're learning a champ. You Fail to see certain things and pull of what you're trying to do, whereas if you're very comfortable in what you're playing, you're more aware of whats going on.
This has a much bigger effect than what you tend to notice.
Being accustomed to a champ is a massive part of playing well.

Metros

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootskittles View Post
This is why NA solo queue is trash. A plat 1 and a diamond just admitted they can't play four other roles at the level of their tier. People should stop worrying about trying to get platinum or diamond, and just try to not suck. If you simply don't completely suck, you'd be D1.

Inb4 'you're plat you must suck too'.
I was just watching xPekes stream and his first pick picked Morgana and he said "Is this guy Mid? God damn it I don't know what to pick now"

taotico

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
I'm pretty sure he duo queued and made his duo partner play the carry and he the troll. I am sad, and disgusted of being plat. I will get diamond solo queue in S4. I am glad I got Diamond in other ranked queues so I can display something other than the divison he's in. Son...I am disappoint.
So you are a trash player (because believe me, plat 4 is trash), and you are glad that someone else carried you to diamond in ranked 3s? Damn, I would be ashamed if I were you.

Zydion

Associate Software Engineer

11-20-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
In S4 I plan on playing all roles, with Chogath.
I played only Chogath from gold to diamond this season... any other champion I tried when I was bored with Cho I lost more than I won. I played him top, mid, jungle or support though. Mainly Top.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post
I was just watching xPekes stream and his first pick picked Morgana and he said "Is this guy Mid? God damn it I don't know what to pick now"
That's another big issue. I for one am on a team(It's not pro or anythign) and Im the mid player. Practicing another lane doesn't help my team.
Same thing for Pros, practicing another lane doesn't really help their team. You may know how to play against champ X when your in Role Y, but given Role Z you'd have no clue what to do.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
I played only Chogath from gold to diamond this season... any other champion I tried when I was bored with Cho I lost more than I won. I played him top, mid, jungle or support though. Mainly Top.
First off, just have to say, First red post I've ever gotten. Ty good sir, I appreciate it.

Second; I completely am on the same page. Terrible with anyone I don't play, amazing with people I do.