A Plat I's opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

This guy is right, at least to silver.

I play every role, but all i did in ranked was play mid Veigar and went on an 11 game win streak.

A proven tactic for low ranks at least.

Ozbirta

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbian Diana View Post
this is also how you skip divisions. if you dodge every game you don't get your role, your mmr skyrockets with your LP going up at a slow rate (if you keep not getting your role). so when you have plat 1 mmr in plat 5, you will skip to plat 3 and then plat 1 (if it's really that crazy high). it happens most often in gold because the silver 1 clamp is so brutal some people will have high gold mmr by the time they get there.
^ understands facts. is going places.

OwlCityBestCity

11-20-2013

So, lemme get this straight.

I am to play only one role (not champion) all through ranked. If I don't get my role I offer duo'ing in said role/lane or I dodge and wait for the next one, where I am to demand my role again.

If it is denied from me a second time I go there anyway to not take a -10LP lose and carry the game and win more LP than I lost from my first dodge.

It bothers me because on paper in sounds like it can work, but I wouldn't want to be in one of those lobbies. #positiveplayerproblems#2stressful4me

Atzigan

11-20-2013

I'm pretty sure he duo queued and made his duo partner play the carry and he the troll. I am sad, and disgusted of being plat. I will get diamond solo queue in S4. I am glad I got Diamond in other ranked queues so I can display something other than the divison he's in. Son...I am disappoint.

Juggernaut N

11-20-2013

Yeah as long as your good at one role its all you really need to climb.

Macintash

11-20-2013

You should main one role, but still able to play others if needed

CrankyFilipino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesbian Diana View Post
this is also how you skip divisions. if you dodge every game you don't get your role, your mmr skyrockets with your LP going up at a slow rate (if you keep not getting your role). so when you have plat 1 mmr in plat 5, you will skip to plat 3 and then plat 1 (if it's really that crazy high). it happens most often in gold because the silver 1 clamp is so brutal some people will have high gold mmr by the time they get there.

This is not how you skip divisions. To skip divisions you need to win 5 straight with 2 of them being your division promotion series. At least 5 rather.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atzigan View Post
I'm pretty sure he duo queued and made his duo partner play the carry and he the troll. I am sad, and disgusted of being plat. I will get diamond solo queue in S4. I am glad I got Diamond in other ranked queues so I can display something other than the divison he's in. Son...I am disappoint.
Im just going to assume english isn't your native language ~~~

Unless you get challenger in the teams category, it really doesn't mean much.
"hey look at my I played against a ton of easy teams and got diamond herpy derpy."

And I stomped to where I am. I did duo, but I duoed with a gold player who wasn't exactly at my skill level, because of that I got first pick mid every game and could carry smoothly.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrestricted PK View Post
This is not how you skip divisions. To skip divisions you need to win 5 straight with 2 of them being your division promotion series. At least 5 rather.
Yeah no. I've gone on 14 winning streaks in gold, silver, and bronze, and didn't skip a division.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlCityBestCity View Post
So, lemme get this straight.

I am to play only one role (not champion) all through ranked. If I don't get my role I offer duo'ing in said role/lane or I dodge and wait for the next one, where I am to demand my role again.

If it is denied from me a second time I go there anyway to not take a -10LP lose and carry the game and win more LP than I lost from my first dodge.

It bothers me because on paper in sounds like it can work, but I wouldn't want to be in one of those lobbies. #positiveplayerproblems#2stressful4me
I never Dodge. Never.