A Plat I's opinion

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rrett

11-20-2013

Every time I see a thread complaining about people who only play one role, and how that's a bad thing, I always just laugh.
You don't need to be good at any other lane to make it to a really high elo.
If you don't think Im right, that's fine of you, but I made it to plat 1 Playing literally only mid, and not knowing how to play any other champ than what I play mid.

So next time you rage or get mad at some one who only plays one role well, maybe think twice. I only played mid champs, and Mid lane(I'd basically go kennan for adc, support, and Top lane, and lee sin jungle and top lane), and I'd always favor towards duo mid than playing another role, and I made plat 1.

tl;dr
You only need to play 1 role and you can make it to diamond.

Edit: A red post. I can die happy now <3

Ntencti

11-20-2013

I play mostly mid and top but yeah you make a good point, although you wont always get your lane.

Ozbirta

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post
I play mostly mid and top but yeah you make a good point, although you wont always get your lane.
once more people realize how much better dodging is than playing a game in which you don't get your role, they will obtain more elos quicker.

Mazinger

11-20-2013

I do have a question which troubles me the most. I hope I can get a legitimate answer. What do you do when other people trump your call by pick? When other people main that as well - how do you measure if you're better or if they are better and what do you go for then? or When they troll pick the lane you already called/picked? if you ever had the issue? Thanks!

Rrett

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltron316 View Post
I do have a question which troubles me the most. I hope I can get a legitimate answer. What do you do when other people trump your call by pick? When other people main that as well - how do you measure if you're better or if they are better and what do you go for then? or When they troll pick the lane you already called/picked? if you ever had the issue? Thanks!
Given I've literally only been out skilled and made to look like a fool once(in like the past 3 months), I'm pretty confident in my mid abilities.

And kennan support is better than you'd think. Also quite honestly, if you can get an ezreal/caitlyn(or anyone who can farm at a safe distance) you can duo mid, and it's actually extremely strong.
Believe it or not duo mid and duo jungle do in fact work. Sure it's a little annoying, but if you play it right you'll win a lot more than you lose with it.

LordTobiothan

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbirta View Post
once more people realize how much better dodging is than playing a game in which you don't get your role, they will obtain more elos quicker.
2 dodges is worth more lp then a win. One dodge is worth more mmr then a win.

Considering anyone under plat will only get their preferred role every like 3-4 queues, (considering it will almost always be top or mid) then your going down far faster then your going up even if you win every match that you actually play.

So ima call bs on this thread.

Nyhver

11-20-2013

You definitely can, though doing that would indicate you're not a well rounded player and lacking knowledge about the game, not necessarily knowledge that'll prevent you from climbing your way, but the lack of it would still be implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
2 dodges is worth more lp then a win. One dodge is worth more mmr then a win.

Considering anyone under plat will only get their preferred role every like 3-4 queues, (considering it will almost always be top or mid) then your going down far faster then your going up even if you win every match that you actually play.

So ima call bs on this thread.
Unless it's been changed, dodging doesn't change your MMR, only your LP, first dodge of the day only takes -3 LP or something, with -10 every dodge after

Beyond The Pale

11-20-2013

In S4 I plan on playing all roles, with Chogath.

Wootskittles

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
And kennan support is better than you'd think.
Kennen* If you're only going to play one role know how to spell your champions names xD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, then why aren't you diamond?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is why NA solo queue is trash. A plat 1 and a diamond just admitted they can't play four other roles at the level of their tier. People should stop worrying about trying to get platinum or diamond, and just try to not suck. If you simply don't completely suck, you'd be D1.

Inb4 'you're plat you must suck too'.

Mazinger

11-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrett View Post
Given I've literally only been out skilled and made to look like a fool once(in like the past 3 months), I'm pretty confident in my mid abilities.

And kennan support is better than you'd think. Also quite honestly, if you can get an ezreal/caitlyn(or anyone who can farm at a safe distance) you can duo mid, and it's actually extremely strong.
Believe it or not duo mid and duo jungle do in fact work. Sure it's a little annoying, but if you play it right you'll win a lot more than you lose with it.
Sounds cool, I'm sure the difficult part will be convincing others to play along.

12345 ... 7