Caught on Boss fight in act 3 of "Noxian Diplomacy".

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pikmints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Anyone got any tips for the part where you have to fight the regenerating skeletons while solving the rotating statues puzzle in the catacombs? I tried ignoring the skeletons, that let me get about 1/3rd done with the puzzle before they were able to finish me off, I tried downing them each time then doing the puzzle while they're down but they always gets enough hits in to whittle me down over time and I can never keep every one of them down for long, and no amount of cc I deal can protect me since you are in such narrow corridors and there are just enough that some of them can hit basically no matter what spells you have.

And before anyone responds, yes, the last patch Riot did removed the bugs from that dungeon so there's no way to cheat around in that dungeon any more.

I know it's supposed to be an optional part of the game, it's one of the hidden dungeons, and some people say the prize isn't worth it, but I really want to get the %100 achievement and I'm already finished with the main storyline.

Nephelem

11-19-2013

Hey, uh anyone have news of the alternate appearances and weapon dlcs? Also, for Hecarim, can't you just stack the boots and run past everything to skip most of the Shadow Isles campaign? I usually just use Yorick to distract them with ghouls, but I'm just wondering if any speedrunners out there would want to enlighten me. Thanks guys :3

Bloodsparrow

11-19-2013

@Crisis, I am a speedrunner of the Shadow Isle campaign. You can actually skip several of the bosses by using the Phantom Dancer from the Nocturne side quest. There's a bug with it that lets you clip through walls if you damage yourself while holding the item, because you have a few invincibility frames after taking damage. Conveniently the new item that was added recently lets you damage yourself easily, so you no longer need to drag the wolves around with you. It will probably shave at least 30 seconds off the WR.

thumbnail9

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCrisisXxx View Post
Hey, uh anyone have news of the alternate appearances and weapon dlcs? Also, for Hecarim, can't you just stack the boots and run past everything to skip most of the Shadow Isles campaign? I usually just use Yorick to distract them with ghouls, but I'm just wondering if any speedrunners out there would want to enlighten me. Thanks guys :3
Rune Voli and bear Calvary sej were added to the game but are bugged out to the point of not working without knifecat.

Wild fire Zyra is going to be added once they activate "Fire in the plague jungle"

Runic wars Renekton is said to be added once they finish the Runic wars past DLC. Rumored Nasus skin as well.

T1gerBl00d27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowedAsylum View Post
I have the stone but I have no idea where to get the Avarice Blade. Is it part of that Nautilus side quest?
Yes, its the reward.

T1gerBl00d27

11-19-2013

I heard you get to fight Count Morello and his Bat of Power Loss in the Irelia story arc. Is this true?

1XxEmperorxX1

11-19-2013

what is this game

Tiure

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1XxEmperorxX1 View Post
what is this game
League of Legends?

I've just started this for the first time very recently. It's a shame not all of the champions are available right up front - I would have liked to have used the champs I unlocked by playing the optional PvP mode. I guess having someone as ridiculous as Riven on the very first mission would have made for a pretty easy game though.

So far my favorite side mission is the Katarina Racing Game. It looks simple and easy but there's a lot of quick, on-the-spot decision making (you can't just EEEEEEEE across the field - gotta use the other skills too to get more kills). I've been trying to reduce my time by going for the finish line instead of killing the other Katarina because the one on Expert purportedly is stronger than you are and it won't help to attack her.

MidoriKatsu

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel 2003 View Post
Well theres the main storyline which is all single player and you end up playing each faction for a bit as a sort of "custom champion" per se that doesn't have inbuilt abilities. The stuff I am talking about is the add-on stuff where you play as a champion from a faction through a series of shorter "acts" for that faction, people wanted to play actual champions so Riot gave us the Demacia campaign like a year and a half ago and have added more (Though the Freljord campaign was universally agreed to be a bust).

Speaking of which, who else is pumped for the ZAUN CAMPAIGN!
Really, you didn't like the Freljord campaign? You do realize that if you fight Lissandra with Quinn, it unlocks a secret cutscene. The fight is over the top as well. You gain special abilities with Quinn that can only be used to fight Lissandra. That was my absolute favorite fight... I do hope Riot makes a good Shurema desert campaign.

BryceX

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1gerBl00d27 View Post
I heard you get to fight Count Morello and his Bat of Power Loss in the Irelia story arc. Is this true?
Once you beat him, you get a crafting material called "A ton of damage". There are apparently two more, but I don't know what it makes, or who you get it from, but Corki offers to buy it from you once you get back to the main menu. Going back to farming the Teemo level for now.