Rtg? Some kind of hack?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

11-19-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenyas View Post
I'm also sorry, i just wanted the opinion of GD about a weird experience that i had, this thread grew up so much, in a negative way, i kinda caused a storm, people got worried(or some just trolled) there was absolutely nothing positive to gain from it. Sure its a bit suspicious but i believe in Riot's expertise, they've been doing this for a while now. I thank you for your time Vesh, sorry if this thread was a bit upsetting for you, people just got worried, im just glad this got looked at, even if the chances of some kind of 3rd party hack were really low, still was worth investigating in my opinion. Thank you

Absolutely. We take every hack report seriously. In my first post I didn't really communicate the fact that we really did look at it extensively and it came off as dismissive instead, so I'm sorry too.

Bullettime7

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazerddex View Post
Here's my question why did you not black list him so you don't end up with him again then if he does show up again you will know something's up. Also I must point out vesh just because the system does not recognize it does not mean it's not there remember the think with hacking is your doing something that you can get banned for so they will try to keep it as hidden as possible
Eh trusting Vesh on this. Their second post in the thread definitely felt sincere.

My main concern is the ability for players to access the information of other players in game and drop games/kick players, which is something the "player" in question and others are known to do. Even if the whole RTG tag is bull****, the fact they can see your IP address, name on the account, and email address to post into the game and/or drop you is concerning.

These are issues that go back to the launch of the game and are still present, with dropping popping up randomly in massive waves. These things result in the appearance of a "hacker on the loose" if matched with the player multiple times.

Also, I feel bad for RiotMarcou who has his name affiliated with this garbage =\

Blunts4Brekfast

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
ok this is getting ridiculous.

i'm going to be abundantly clear here: there is no hack that allows you to "follow" someone in queue. i have now pulled literally ALL of the data including time in queue for all three of these games you are talking about.

game 1, your MMRs were almost identical, you both were in the same game, and both won, causing your MMRs to go up almost equally.

game 2, you were both in the queue for over 2 minutes before a game was found. due to the low player volume at this time, it is not surprising you both got matched together given that your mmr was equivilant and you both hit the play again button, causing you to enter the queue at almost the same exact time.

game 3, the difference in your queue times was more than 30 seconds.

in no way did the system recognize anything about your queues as "tied together." there was a different duo in game 2 altogether.

we have had some of our best engineers and anti-hack dudes look into this extensively and while unfortunate that you got trolled, there is no "hack" at play here.

sorry again for your bad experience.

Fair enough, I feel better now. Ill stop posting in this thread. Thanks

Khenyas

11-19-2013

Quote:
Absolutely. We take every hack report seriously. In my first post I didn't really communicate the fact that we really did look at it extensively and it came off as dismissive instead, so I'm sorry too.

I updated my post on the first page with your explanations, i think its time to move on, thanks again for your time, give me your adress and postal code, ill send you a tinfoil hat as a sign of gratitude!

iG0D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Quote:
Think about all the hate vesh recieved yet still so nice

You guys feel like dicks now dont you?

DreJBringer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2013

Good guy riot

Rrett

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iG0D View Post

Can't say I ever bashed vesh... nor did anyone really. Just upset from the lack of information on the first post. It seemed very dismissive, almost like it was a possible lie just to let the thread die down.

Kargarok

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iG0D View Post

Nope

sammywolf

11-19-2013

Quote:
I feel Like you should at least tell us the summoner name, so we could report him to you and stop him from doing this.

ice654

11-19-2013

Vesh totally took a **** on GD, GJ