Rtg? Some kind of hack?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rrett

Senior Member

11-19-2013

@vesh Thank you for a follow up post. Appreciate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullettime7

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
ok this is getting ridiculous.

i'm going to be abundantly clear here: there is no hack that allows you to "follow" someone in queue. i have now pulled literally ALL of the data including time in queue for all three of these games you are talking about.

game 1, your MMRs were almost identical, you both were in the same game, and both won, causing your MMRs to go up almost equally.

game 2, you were both in the queue for over 2 minutes before a game was found. due to the low player volume at this time, it is not surprising you both got matched together given that your mmr was equivilant and you both hit the play again button, causing you to enter the queue at almost the same exact time.

game 3, the difference in your queue times was more than 30 seconds.

in no way did the system recognize anything about your queues as "tied together." there was a different duo in game 2 altogether.

we have had some of our best engineers and anti-hack dudes look into this extensively and while unfortunate that you got trolled, there is no "hack" at play here.

sorry again for your bad experience.
The issue Vesh is that this isn't an isolated incident. There's been many posts over the last few years about the same player and people having this same issue with them.

If it were just the OP, then great and wonderful problem solved. But This [removed] guy has posts about him and this string of events as far back as 2011. And if it just MMR in this case, whatever then. I'm not going to tell you you're right or wrong.

But it doesn't explain the posting of personal information made by the player in the game chat and creating game drops. A random player shouldn't have access to another random person's full name, IP, and email registered with the account right? Because there's posts on here and reddit about this same guy doing all of this back to, again, 2011.

Not saying there's some massive hack and massive game loophole that a group of people are abusing like some are trying to make it sound. But someone has information they shouldn't have or there's someone at Riot abusing some of their power here. It wouldn't be the first time.

Sorry people are venting their frustration at you. I know you're just doing your job and such.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-19-2013

I'm sorry this happened to you, but like the Red said... You guys had identical MMR and there was a low player volume at the time.

Sorry for your troubles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaranSF

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
ok this is getting ridiculous.

i'm going to be abundantly clear here: there is no hack that allows you to "follow" someone in queue. i have now pulled literally ALL of the data including time in queue for all three of these games you are talking about.

game 1, your MMRs were almost identical, you both were in the same game, and both won, causing your MMRs to go up almost equally.

game 2, you were both in the queue for over 2 minutes before a game was found. due to the low player volume at this time, it is not surprising you both got matched together given that your mmr was equivilant and you both hit the play again button, causing you to enter the queue at almost the same exact time.

game 3, the difference in your queue times was more than 30 seconds.

in no way did the system recognize anything about your queues as "tied together." there was a different duo in game 2 altogether.

we have had some of our best engineers and anti-hack dudes look into this extensively and while unfortunate that you got trolled, there is no "hack" at play here.

sorry again for your bad experience.
I can almost feel the irritation in your post my friend. There wasn't even an attempt to use capitalization. From your edit in the first post it looks like this is how you type normally. The first post before the edit looked like an attempt at looking professional and this post seems authentic and has emotion. I believe him due to this.

In before someone claims Vesh is stressed because he is forced to lie.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
ok this is getting ridiculous.

i'm going to be abundantly clear here: there is no hack that allows you to "follow" someone in queue. i have now pulled literally ALL of the data including time in queue for all three of these games you are talking about.

game 1, your MMRs were almost identical, you both were in the same game, and both won, causing your MMRs to go up almost equally.

game 2, you were both in the queue for over 2 minutes before a game was found. due to the low player volume at this time, it is not surprising you both got matched together given that your mmr was equivilant and you both hit the play again button, causing you to enter the queue at almost the same exact time.

game 3, the difference in your queue times was more than 30 seconds.

in no way did the system recognize anything about your queues as "tied together." there was a different duo in game 2 altogether.

we have had some of our best engineers and anti-hack dudes look into this extensively and while unfortunate that you got trolled, there is no "hack" at play here.

sorry again for your bad experience.
Well, thanks for clearing the air Vesh. I get that you aren't lying, but with all the evidence, it does seem pretty suspicious, what with the other multiple cases that people dug up.

So, is this some extended troll that finally got exposed to GD?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

11-19-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
The issue Vesh is that this isn't an isolated incident. There's been many posts over the last few years about the same player and people having this same issue with them.

If it were just the OP, then great and wonderful problem solved. But This [removed] guy has posts about him and this string of events as far back as 2011. And if it just MMR in this case, whatever then. I'm not going to tell you you're right or wrong.

But it doesn't explain the posting of personal information made by the player in the game chat and creating game drops. A random player shouldn't have access to another random person's full name, IP, and email registered with the account right? Because there's posts on here and reddit about this same guy doing all of this back to, again, 2011.

Not saying there's some massive hack and massive game loophole that a group of people are abusing like some are trying to make it sound. But someone has information they shouldn't have or there's someone at Riot abusing some of their power here. It wouldn't be the first time.

Sorry people are venting their frustration at you. I know you're just doing your job and such.

Yes. This one guy said this in almost every game. In the majority of games, it was just nonsense and people never saw him again. However, in the games he DID keep getting the same people, confirmation bias kicks in and everyone thinks it's a hack.

Relevant xkcd: http://xkcd.com/628/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

One Week Ago

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Yes. This one guy said this in almost every game. In the majority of games, it was just nonsense and people never saw him again. However, in the games he DID keep getting the same people, confirmation bias kicks in and everyone thinks it's a hack.

Relevant xkcd: http://xkcd.com/628/
Best. Comic. Ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hazerddex

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Here's my question why did you not black list him so you don't end up with him again then if he does show up again you will know something's up. Also I must point out vesh just because the system does not recognize it does not mean it's not there remember the think with hacking is your doing something that you can get banned for so they will try to keep it as hidden as possible


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khenyas

Senior Member

11-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
ok this is getting ridiculous.

i'm going to be abundantly clear here: there is no hack that allows you to "follow" someone in queue. i have now pulled literally ALL of the data including time in queue for all three of these games you are talking about.

game 1, your MMRs were almost identical, you both were in the same game, and both won, causing your MMRs to go up almost equally.

game 2, you were both in the queue for over 2 minutes before a game was found. due to the low player volume at this time, it is not surprising you both got matched together given that your mmr was equivilant and you both hit the play again button, causing you to enter the queue at almost the same exact time.

game 3, the difference in your queue times was more than 30 seconds.

in no way did the system recognize anything about your queues as "tied together." there was a different duo in game 2 altogether.

we have had some of our best engineers and anti-hack dudes look into this extensively and while unfortunate that you got trolled, there is no "hack" at play here.

sorry again for your bad experience.

I'm also sorry, i just wanted the opinion of GD about a weird experience that i had, this thread grew up so much, in a negative way, i kinda caused a storm, people got worried(or some just trolled) there was absolutely nothing positive to gain from it. Sure its a bit suspicious but i believe in Riot's expertise, they've been doing this for a while now. I thank you for your time Vesh, sorry if this thread was a bit upsetting for you, people just got worried, im just glad this got looked at, even if the chances of some kind of 3rd party hack were really low, still was worth investigating in my opinion. Thank you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

11-19-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khenyas View Post
I'm also sorry, i just wanted the opinion of GD about a weird experience that i had, this thread grew up so much, in a negative way, i kinda caused a storm, people got worried(or some just trolled) there was absolutely nothing positive to gain from it. Sure its a bit suspicious but i believe in Riot's expertise, they've been doing this for a while now. I thank you for your time Vesh, sorry if this thread was a bit upsetting for you, people just got worried, im just glad this got looked at, even if the chances of some kind of 3rd party hack were really low, still was worth investigating in my opinion. Thank you

Absolutely. We take every hack report seriously. In my first post I didn't really communicate the fact that we really did look at it extensively and it came off as dismissive instead, so I'm sorry too.