New Raka sounds so damn good.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

Senior Member

11-18-2013

So where's the raka porn?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBoysATimeBomb

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
New Soraka is great. I've played a lot of her. Very fun, a lot more rewarding.
Who are you and what have you done with Dryad Soraka? Seriously?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoysATimeBomb View Post
Who are you and what have you done with Dryad Soraka? Seriously?
I don't have anything to say about your post but re: your avatar: KENZI KENZI KENZI!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoysATimeBomb View Post
Who are you and what have you done with Dryad Soraka? Seriously?
I don't get it!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-18-2013

It's a pretty big nerf to her heal actually. Healing anyone above 40% health will mean you are healing less than before. Healing someone at 1% is only 40 health more than what it is now.

More importantly, no matter what the situation, it will always be a shittier heal than a Nidalee with equal items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

11-18-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi Doll View Post
nope its a giant nerf to soraka
We're not trying to nerf Soraka, instead aiming to adjust her play style to fit with the preseason changes and have a healthier pattern (in combat saves and action over staying back and topping off her team). As with all the core supports we've made some adjustments to if this does turns out to be a giant nerf we'll put some power back into them in the follow up patch. Similarly if our assessments been wrong in the other direction, and some supports end up too strong following the preseason patch, we'll tone their power down.

TLDR: Let's talk a week or two after the patch goes out once things have been experimented with and settle down a bit and we'll then adjust power as needed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Dragon View Post
It's a pretty big nerf to her heal actually. Healing anyone above 40% health will mean you are healing less than before. Healing someone at 1% is only 40 health more than what it is now.

More importantly, no matter what the situation, it will always be a shittier heal than a Nidalee with equal items.
Buff Soraka and Nerf Nidalee heal


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NTR15

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Dragon View Post
It's a pretty big nerf to her heal actually. Healing anyone above 40% health will mean you are healing less than before. Healing someone at 1% is only 40 health more than what it is now.

More importantly, no matter what the situation, it will always be a shittier heal than a Nidalee with equal items.
You aren't taking into consideration the additional healing that you will be doing from AP. Even with nerfed ratios, no one ever built Support Raka with AP. Therefore, she will heal more through AP compared to before.

What we have now is a Raka who heals for 350 with a maxed out W. No one builds AP, so that's all you get. Period. The new Raka will heal for 340 with 200 AP, which should be somewhat easy to get by the time you have a maxed W, thanks to the new gold gains. Then the new passive comes into play. And this is just assuming that the player doesn't go above 200 AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YGY818

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're not trying to nerf Soraka, instead aiming to adjust her play style to fit with the preseason changes and have a healthier pattern (in combat saves and action over staying back and topping off her team). As with all the core supports we've made some adjustments to if this does turns out to be a giant nerf we'll put some power back into them in the follow up patch. Similarly if our assessments been wrong in the other direction, and some supports end up too strong following the preseason patch, we'll tone their power down.

TLDR: Let's talk a week or two after the patch goes out once things have been experimented with and settle down a bit and we'll then adjust power as needed.
Buff the range on her Starcall, please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR15 View Post
You aren't taking into consideration the additional healing that you will be doing from AP. Even with nerfed ratios, no one ever built Support Raka with AP. Therefore, she will heal more through AP compared to before.

What we have now is a Raka who heals for 350 with a maxed out W. No one builds AP, so that's all you get. Period. The new Raka will heal for 340 with 200 AP, which should be somewhat easy to get by the time you have a maxed W, thanks to the new gold gains. Then the new passive comes into play. And this is just assuming that the player doesn't go above 200 AP.
And you are disregarding the alternate supports now also having more gold, so say Annie support doing more damage has to be taken into account.