11/17 - 18 NA Issues Update

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Hawknet

Assistant Producer

11-18-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you all an update on the issues we’ve been experiencing on NA over the last couple days. We’ve had two separate incidents occur that have resulted in a pretty terrible experience for you all, so I’d like to shed some light on what happened and what we’ve done to resolve these issues.

First off, 11/17’s incident. This incident was traced back to live network maintenance work being implemented incorrectly, which had the unfortunate result of dropping everyone off of NA. We removed the work that was implemented, but ultimately needed to perform a complete restart in order to bring service back up as quickly as possible for you all. We’ve identified what went wrong with this maintenance, and will revise our steps to ensure that a similar incident doesn’t happen again.

Second off, tonight’s incident. A primary database for NA suffered from an issue that resulted in players in game getting dropped, as well as the inability to re-log into the game. We’re still investigating what exactly happened – but power cycling the database resulted in all of you being able to log back into the game, as well as start games again. Investigation is ongoing as to why issues arose on this database in the first place.

I hope that this sheds some light on the problems that NA has been facing over the last 48 hours. We’re working on figuring out the precise root cause of this latest incident, and are monitoring things very closely. As of now though, you should be able to log into NA and get back to playing League.

APOLARCAT

11-18-2013

Thank you for the update, the first time the servers went down I was in the middle of a ranked queue so it was kinda awkward being in a never starting game and I was scared of losing LP from leaving.

edit: my feelings are hurt the amount of down votes are excessive, giraffes are just long horses. If I commented about an anteater I'd be at -1000 by now.

edit: I just want someone to love me

edit: please stop this

EzSkillshot

11-18-2013

thanks

IonCannonKarthus

11-18-2013

Thanks for the info

Izara

11-18-2013

Inb4 1000 RP.

As long as this does not happen over Thanksgiving Break I'll be happy. Thanks for the update.

SlVIR

11-18-2013

tanks m8

303Lagfish

11-18-2013

1000rp never forget

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-18-2013

Eve VU where.

Awakezzz

11-18-2013

catch the culprits

catch them prescious yes

flappy meerkat

11-18-2013

thx for posting that, I don't mind not playing for like 1 hour, there's more other stuff to do, I don't need a free xp or ip boost or rp or whatever I don't care, but thx for the info

1234511 ... 12