@Riot: How do you expect Evelynn will transition into preseason changes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynch

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTR15 View Post
You are mistaken. It's not 1 vision ward per team, it's 1 vision ward per player on each team. So, 5 vision wards per team.
Too bad they're a noobtrap against her since they aren't invisible anymore. You just give her a free 75g when she kills the ward and then she'll just gank the lane anyway.

CrazedPorcupine

11-18-2013

Except that Eve hasn't been played nearly that much on the PBE, in normals OR in the PBE ranked.

And killing a pick ward grants I think 10-30 gold.

The Milliner

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
With the change that you can only have 1 Vision Ward on the field per team (unless I'm mistaken), Evelynn's ganks are going to become almost impossible to deal with. Presently, on live, the only way most players deal with a jungling Eve is by spamming pinks, or she goes out of control way too fast.

How will you be handling this? Eve does have a 99% ban/pick rate in Korea, after all (again, unless I'm mistaken).
Its one pink per person. Otherwise stealth would be too op

thumbnail9

11-18-2013

Look at Irelia, she still broke after itemization changes. Eve clearly won't recover.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

11-18-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Context: I'm not in live design, but I've played Eve a few times on PBE. I've got a number of games in Season 3 as her under my belt.

She's uh, she's pretty strong, I think. I never used to get lizard elder on her on live, so those changes don't worry me. The big part is knowing when you've been detected. Since it's so easy to tell if you've been spotted out by a pink ward now, your efficiency sky rockets. And as a carry jungler, with the added gold that she gets, she can get her DFG even faster (which what I tend to rush when I play her).

I dunno if she's end of Season 2 strong, but I feel like I'll probably end up playing her more in the up coming season.

firesflame4

11-18-2013

FUn fact

Vision wards and stealh wards now cost the same

so your taking anybody to buy anything.

everyplayer should have a ward

EVERY PLAYER SHOULD HAVR A WARD

/thread

Raiden27d

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
Context: I'm not in live design, but I've played Eve a few times on PBE. I've got a number of games in Season 3 as her under my belt.

She's uh, she's pretty strong, I think. I never used to get lizard elder on her on live, so those changes don't worry me. The big part is knowing when you've been detected. Since it's so easy to tell if you've been spotted out by a pink ward now, your efficiency sky rockets. And as a carry jungler, with the added gold that she gets, she can get her DFG even faster (which what I tend to rush when I play her).

I dunno if she's end of Season 2 strong, but I feel like I'll probably end up playing her more in the up coming season.
I don't think the state of the game will be good with taking out Eve's only counterplay. I've played against her, and thanked god that I could stop her onslaught with a pink in the middle of my lane. At this point, with these changes, + gold changes, everyone knows Eve is going to become a terror again. We're all just waiting for it. New pinks will just be free gold for her unless they are placed right on top of you in lane, and even then you can be bullied back out of that position easily with her, + laners. (you can't have your jungler in every lane at once, helping to defend these new pinks, but she has the ability to strike where she pleases, her passive gives her that benefit)

futuresight23

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeks View Post
I feel like people are not realizing how big of a deal this is. SotEL is 100% core on her right now in the jungle. Them changing it to only proc on physical damage is going to slow her clear down significantly. She's going to be even more feast-or-famine now: either her ganks go well and she snowballs a lane, or they don't and she can't even keep up in jungle farm.

On top of that they're making jungle camps beefier, and putting flat armor higher in the defence tree so she's going to have an even more dangerous clear.
That might be the only thing that saves Evelynn from getting nerfed back to what she was before her remake and then remade again. Vision wards being visible are going to be a very large buff to her, especially if her team is ahead and able to gain map control.

I think Evelynn transitions to the new Spectral Wraith item. Not sure how much of a drop off that will be from Elder Lizard. She'll miss the mixed damage for certain.

Stone Ocean

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
That's not gonna do it when she's mechanically OP. Being able to bypass green wards without being seen is considered a game-breaking tactical advantage by top-tier players.
You mean just like she is game breaking right now?

Without Elder Lizard her clearing and overall strength will be hit really hard. Who cares if pinks are visible, if she's seen the gank is over period and they are much cheaper now.

Timid Gengar

11-18-2013

Inb4 Eve becomes Eve tier again