Jinx Ult not firing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueballBlitz

10-27-2013

Well I bought Jinx on day two. Played a bit with her and had about 4 times of this happening. I would be watching the minimap after I recall, see that team needs help in a lane and or kill a champion they could not and that is running. Well I would aim and fire. The progress bar on the ult would go and no rocket would fire but yet it used up my ult. Was not lagging at all, asked other players if they seen the rocket at all go past, and they did not. The thing just never went off but used the ult,

Xeiom

10-28-2013

I thought this was the case but it turned out that the ulti was merely hidden by my oppositions spell effects.

I guess other people are potentially experiencing this rather than it simply not firing?

BlueballBlitz

10-28-2013

Yep Exact same thing going on. It is annoying when it costs you a game. I mean.. it is only a game but it does bother you after a while..

BlueballBlitz

11-18-2013

Bump, Anyone else experiencing this?

Riot Afic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

11-18-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for bringing this up. I have played a LOT of Jinx and I haven't experienced this problem. In Xeiom's linked video (above) I can actually clearly see the ult fire, (you can also see it if you look at the mini map) and it just misses to the left of the Corki.

If you still think this is an issue it would be easiest to reproduce/debug/fix it if you have a video of it happening. Thanks again for taking the time to post

Niek

11-18-2013

Posting on a random thread with a red post won't help much. If you're really that interested in being a do-gooder about it, do a support ticket. Naming names (aka using chat log with summoner names) is against the ToS, so this probably wasn't the best idea.

Christopher10199

11-18-2013

oh.... I guess it was my bad ill remove this post but where do i report it?

Coldmanj

11-18-2013

while I cant say this for certain is what he may be experiencing, I have had multiple cases recently where skill shot animations and particles will simply disappear off the screen for me. sometimes they do what is intended either to me, my team or my intended target/s sometimes they don't (probably miss if they don't). This only happens with skill shots though I have found so far. The contact sounds and particles will still trigger properly on collision for the most part I think, kinda hard to notice unless it happens in lane.

As i said i dont know if this is what the user is experiencing but it is a possibility

Prodigism

11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
while I cant say this for certain is what he may be experiencing, I have had multiple cases recently where skill shot animations and particles will simply disappear off the screen for me. sometimes they do what is intended either to me, my team or my intended target/s sometimes they don't (probably miss if they don't). This only happens with skill shots though I have found so far. The contact sounds and particles will still trigger properly on collision for the most part I think, kinda hard to notice unless it happens in lane.

As i said i don't know if this is what the user is experiencing but it is a possibility
I think that's probably what's happening. I've played games against and as Jinx, and have seen people die from her ult, but you don't see it. One time I was standing at mid tower with two teammates behind me with low health standing near inhib tower. The Jinx ult was completely invisible, and where it should have passed me to hit them it didn't, but they died to it. They didn't see it either. I also threw a Ziggs Q the other day and it was completely invisible until it exploded.

Xeiom

11-18-2013

Sorry about that video, I remembered the ulti "not firing" so I snipped the video up without actually looking back over it. While relatively hidden the ulti did indeed function.

I'll make a point of re-analysing any video's I submit in the future.