Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirLANsalot

11-15-2013

A suggestion I would have for Counterplay on Q is this.

Q deals bonus damage when not locked on, has a longer cooldown and is a long skillshot. Would have a higher base damage and a higher AD scaling (1.0 AD or Bonus AD)

When E has landed (lock on passive) Q Cooldown becomes 1 sec but base damage and AD scale both drop by 50% or more. So more spammy Q when E lands but this relies on E landing for this mechanic to happen

Another change is to make E a skillshot, that stops when hit hits enemy champs, or near them (small AoE range like Veigar W AoE). CD could be kept same, or reduced.

This brings more skill to the champ, but also brings more counters to him. Enemy's will need to dodge skillshots, a key point when playing against just about anyone (champ). This ensures that E+Q combo lives on, while at the same time, applying new things to him and making him similar to a few champs (Ez/Cass).

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

11-15-2013
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
Don't rework him before he can be reunited with Vand Damns!

I'd like to live out my days, Me him and Damn, at Twisted treeline, until we can all go onto a restful sleep fade out, quiet like.

Also, I see mentions of treads. Urgot is a crab. Crabs have legs.
No plans to give him treads, just referencing real world battle tanks as sharing some of the attributes of Urgot (tough, front line, hard hitting cannon, bombardment from range etc).

Tortferngatr

11-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
  • Find a better way of offering homing Acid Hunters that give both more counterplay options for an enemy and more opportunity for skilled use by the Urgot player, in contrast to the current binary outcome (E+QQQ or nothing, with insufficient options for either player after the initial E shot).

Feedback on the above, and of course Urgot in general still, much appreciated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvxjz_UFnhs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeUe2L-CJ2Y

Be careful, Meddler!!!!

-------------------------

...Maybe make E provide damage reduction instead of passive, and passive give his missiles/autos stacking armor shred (like the one rework proposal suggested) instead?

It does at least reduce the binary part of his damage output, and it might even let Urgot get a lower cooldown on E.

Omega Penta

11-15-2013

What I love about urgot

dark theme really really brings me to him and I love his kit theres nouthing wrong with him at all besides numbers I feel and counter play wise is somewhat limited to the e qqq combo but when u get good with him like me u can land qs easy without e but more then likely they will be behind the creep wave which goes back to the e qqq combo.

I feel with how he is counterplay wise hes fine if u miss as urgot he can get zoned and if u force a trade its going to be pretty bad for him I feel he needs a passive on his w besides a slow which could just be a side effect of the acid hunters the shield I feel should stay ap and maybe get a ap ratio boost ive tried using rylias for the peel for my team and works surprisingly well however I feel the ap ratio doesn't justify it but once urgot has u with a rylias in his inventory ur not getting away for his acid hunters... never ever.

hes a high risk reward champ imo

passives Id like

acid hunter slow
shield cd lowered 1 sec per damage given on a champion
acid hunter half mana refunded on kill
when u killed a champion next time u use your shield it gets doubled
100 ad ratio on his q
higher ap ratio for ryalis as an odd item
his ulti I feel could do some passive armour or mr per champion in sight or area ect

maybe for each connsective q u land u get a damage boost
grevouis wounds maybe on q or just on e
heal while shield is not on cd for damage done to champions

I think u could do something with a terror gauge not on urgot himself but on enemy champions separately not sure how or what I would contain tho.

Tortferngatr

11-15-2013

Edited the earlier post I made.

Another idea: Why not have Noxian Corrosive Charge produce an acidic crater/scar that sticks to the ground and continuously reapplies a 2-second debuff/DoT to targets struck (enemies can stop taking it by leaving and waiting out the 2 seconds)? It might need to come alongside a minimum range (to prevent Urgot from overly abusing melee with what might be even longer Qing), but again, it would perhaps also allow some usability buffs (range/cooldown buffs) to E and give Urgot more access to his signature lockon gameplay.

Pavubog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2013

I have been playing Urgot since Season 1 and fell in love with his character style, because it was so different from all the other champions. Keeping the look is pretty much mandatory, he has to remain the grotesque robotic spider man.

As for kit changes; I personally loved Urgot before he got nerfed and still play him a lot even post nerfs. As pretty much everyone said, the E+Q combo is his main defining feature from his kit but the shield and ult really complement both of those. His ult can be used as a great escape from terrible situations aside from just displacing your target it has a fairly strong slow that it applies as well, which can let you wobble out while applying more of a slow from your shield+AA/Q.

The thing that pretty much ruined Urgot was the range drops on all his abilities, I think the long range harasser was the best way to describe him. Removing his invisible power will probably be the best route to take while hopefully leaving the basic kit alive.

The passive gives the same amount of invisible power that Yorick provides while his ghouls are out. It's great for the person using said champ but anyone fighting them never understands why they don't die.

Q should remain for the most part untouched. Though what I would love is the old range back, even bring it back with scaling so that it isn't that strong at early levels and gets further out later on.
1200/1275/1350/1425/1500
That way it ends up being where it was before it was nerfed but at least not until level 9. Though to compensate it should deal less damage the more consecutive shots are fired against an enemy covered in acid. It will force you not to spam all 3 shots if you know the mana cost doesn't outweigh the damage.

W is a pretty solid shield, has a pretty low cooldown and has a scaling slow, great for a Bruiser/Fighter. I read a a few pages back an idea that I really liked and that was to make it scale with Max Mana instead of AP. He is a champ that tends to build mana regardless and has no need to build AP just to buff his shield since he does no magic damage with any of his abilities.

E has an interesting place as a Physical DOT, I don't think any other champion has one of those and with it being Acid to lower armor it just works too well from a design stand point. I personally think this ability should pretty much remain as is.

R might need to be worked on a bit, I think it should give him a bit more mobility instead of making him tankier. Ulting into the enemy team you are pretty much expecting all the focus fire to be on you, so instead of being stuck inside the team and just left to sink or swim I think he should get a bit of an Olaf effect after using it. After the channel ends (success or fail) he gets a movement speed buff that decays over time while either having minion walk or cc immunity (which ever is less overpower?) or whatever else could work here to help him get into a better position to continue the assault or flee the scene.

TL;DR - I love Urgot, he was and will always be one of my favourite champs to play, please don't gut him and leave him on the floor

KevinDelMarr

11-15-2013

Quote:
No plans to give him treads, just referencing real world battle tanks as sharing some of the attributes of Urgot (tough, front line, hard hitting cannon, bombardment from range etc).
So are you thinking about reducing his overall utility? I mean he has a %damage reduction debuff, slow, armor shred, and Champ Swap, there is potential to give him more raw damage/tankiness

Also what are your thoughts on making his Ult similar Xerath's current one. He has multiple charges that hit in a small AoE and slow, like 2/3/4, multiple shots on a single enemy deal less damage and slow on each successful hit. He would have to use all them at once, not as he pleases. Would synergize well with the concept of Urgot as a mobile weapons platform

WickedEdge

11-15-2013

Quote:
Hey all,

Urgot's a champion we haven't talked much about recently and one who's fallen out of sight after we reduced his power a while back. That's something we'd like to look at - reanimated undead monstrosity with powerful, heavy weapons and a mighty hatred's a cool concept that we're not doing justice at the moment. As a result we'll be doing some work on Urgot's kit next year, experimenting to find out what we need to do to preserve (or enhance) the cool aspects about him, while fixing the problems that lead us to nerfing him heavily in the past. That'll take a while, as a starting point though I thought it'd be great to get a bunch of thoughts from people on Urgot, both what he currently is and what he's got the potential to be.

If you play Urgot, what is it that appeals to you about him, both in terms of theme and gameplay? Which of his abilities define what it's like to play Urgot for you? If you don't play Urgot, are there particular reasons you're not interested in doing so?

When playing as Urgot are there things that feel unnecessarily difficult to do or ineffective? When playing against Urgot are there things that feel unfair?

General thoughts/comments also extremely welcome. One disclaimer though - at the moment at least we're only looking to work on Urgot's gameplay, not do a full overhaul of him, so while we'll assummedly give Urgot a visual upgrade at some point it'll be a separate, later project.
When will you fix Sion?

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2013

One possible change to Urgot's ult that could go over well is making it require two targets. Basically swap the first and second person you target with two presses of R. That'd allow Urgot to use it while staying at range.

Azhliay

11-16-2013

In honor of another Meddler Champion, Ziggs, What about something like this?

When Urgot hits a target with his E, He can now access an artillery Q . It will travel towards target location deal damage in an area instead of a linear Q that can be blocked by skillshots. Similar to no bounce Ziggs Q.

Now instead of lock on, he uses E to gain access to an artillery style Q. Gives him a bit of teamfight presence, and it allows more counterplay due to the fact that its now a skillshot, and can thus be avoided.

And it fits in with Battlecast Urgot