A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

11-13-2013

I really hope the Q changes let him clear better, and that his ultimate is a lower cooldown. Rengar doesn't appreciate that you trimmed down the bushes. (No jungler did, but the cat is probably out for blood right now xD)

LION8900

Recruiter

11-13-2013

PLEASE FIX RENGAR !!!! He has many issues as a jungler. I am diamond V with 200 games rengar trying to master him in jungle. However, he has many issues. Please you wasted my time on a champion that hasn't been designed properly. I need to contact those who are working on him or who designed him.

C13Magnum

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious117 View Post
Well out of what I've heard and read the slow on his new skill shot bolas will not only be much better on hit but won't decay now. Meaning it won't be the worst slowing ability in the game anymore, which I like. Not too mention apparently it's supposed to scale MUCH better with AD, meaning it'll still do good damage without having to max it first.

And ofc I LOVE the skillshot change, cause now Rengar doesn't HAVE to facecheck bushes and ward over walls to know if something is there (jungle creeps/buffs mainly), he can throw the bolas over walls and the like to start camps earlier, check bushes for enemies, and even finish foes who've escaped over a wall.

Speaking of which, Rengar would be SO MUCH FUN in jungle if when he landed bolas on something it gave him vision, allowing for him to leap to that target or target near it if he's in a bush. Counter jungling would be so much fun if that happened! I mean Lee Sin already has that ability sorta, but a bush isn't even required, so there is no way this could be considered OP lol Ofc I'm sure you all realize I mean like throw his bolas over a wall and be able to leap to the target ofc, thought I'd clarify before someone said "HE CAN LEAP FROM THE BUSH ANYWAYYYYZ!" or something like that :P

The only worry I have about the bola changes is that you won't have it as a laning ability anymore. No more ranged CSing from afar while behind, no more poking abilities to trade ranged champs with, and things like that. So his AD reduction on his W and it's damage will have to be very strong in order to keep his trading potential even decent, cause even if his new "Q train" trading tactics are great, if he's behind and against someone like Renekton or Kayle it won't matter for ANYTHING, you'll have to sit at turret and wait for them to push lane and pray they don't dive you.

Hmm..... now that I'm adding everything together, i.e. bush changes, bola changes, burst changes, etc..... laning Rengar seems..... super UP lol I mainly jungle him so that doesn't matter too much to me, but lane Rengar against champs like vlad, zed, and mundo is SO fun atm, would be sad to see it completely disappear
I agree that his bola should grant vision (similar to what they did with akali). Allow him to skillfully leap around the jungle with it.

But now with all the jungler item changes, are they changing how bonetooth works? As is it is now behind the gold generation of the other jungle items.

Troy242621

11-13-2013

Riot, would you consider extending his leap range a bit to compensate for the shrunk bush sizes, or is this one of the points? Feels like it may have been an oversight that it inadvertently nerfs Rengar's gapcloser and gank ability pre-6.

Trading Aces

11-13-2013

Skill shot bola is just... no. This isn't Nidalee. I only just realized how much more like her you guys were making Rengar and all I can say is NO.

SPARTAN 111

11-13-2013

If you decide to change his ult voicing to match the no camo tone of him, please make more kick-ass Predator sounds or roars, ty ^_^ <3

IIDAXII

11-13-2013

Rengar is supposed to be the master hunter but right now in the game he can barely survive jungling. Besides buffing his health and health regen these changes have given him nothing special in the jungle. I feel like rengar should have very fast clearing times and counter jungle potential making him more of a farming jungler and less of a ganking jungler which they seem to be promoting in season 4 anyways. However he has no movespeed boost (which a farming jungler revolves around) or leaps to help him escape and maneuver through the jungle, small steroids, and a minuscule heal.

It was said that the utility of the bonetooth necklace wanted to be increased but 3 of its stacks grant movement speed. I think just one should grant flat movespeed, also I know it was discussed that the stacks gain on killing monsters as well which I think is good, but it also needs to gain more gold to be on par with the other jungle items. Get some CDR in there too.

I also think a cool idea as others have stated is that his bola grants vision if he hits something. On top of that though it would be cool that if he hit a monster (not champions) that he could jump to it. Especially since all of the bushes have been shrunk for season 4.

Vicarious117

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Aces View Post
Skill shot bola is just... no. This isn't Nidalee. I only just realized how much more like her you guys were making Rengar and all I can say is NO.
How does ONE skill shot make him another Nidalee? I mean there are a TON of skill shots in the game and his bolas are more similar to MANY of them over Nidalee spears.

Besides that one SKILLSHOT there is NOTHING here that makes him another Nidalee.

THUNDERMINE

11-13-2013

Ok, the new bola will be awesome if you land it on a champ, but it will suck in lane if it doesn't pass through minions dealing damage as it flies, period. I pretty much think this thread is dead since scardtard's past posts pretty much stated they were too busy to finish it and that they had other things to work on at the moment. All that was left was some bug testing before pbe I think. They nerfed his offensive kit overall it seems, without buffing his sustain, but without complaining NONE of the posts on the reworks had any damage numbers or specific details so we won't know till its on pbe.

SPARTAN 111

11-14-2013

If it's a skillshot, it should be able to pass through minions to mess with the enemies' minds, plus when they feel safe behind minions it makes it scarier for them after you land one. Huge buff to his bola yes but his Q was the problem, trust me I don't think it will cause any harm to the community, I believe it's the buff Rengar truly needs,as well as the one he rightfully deserves.