Manamune on Panth?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coded Words

Junior Member

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliv View Post
Caution: These are my own personal opinions!

I actually often start off with a Faerie charm 4 pots, 2 wards so I can spam spears and stay in lane. I've found that going into your Brutalizer/ Black Cleaver is better than building Tear/Manamune.
So you just sell the Faerie Charm later on after you've used up its usefulness?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliv

Player Support Tech Specialist

11-07-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded Words View Post
So you just sell the Faerie Charm later on after you've used up its usefulness?
Yep. Or if I have the extra gold, I go in to a tear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emTmyclipin2u

Senior Member

11-07-2013

an early fairie charm is usually all you need. Panth's mana problems have more to do with his base mana pool and regen than anything else. With a fairie charm and 9 in utilty (prioritizing mana and regen) you don't ever run out of mana unless you are burning it to farm (you shouldn't be, you have an execute). Alternatively you could run mana regen glyphs, but I prefer mr as I'm usually mid.

Around 15 minutes I turn the fairie charm into a spirit of the lizard elder, and tend to spend time in the enemy jungle counter jungling and looking for picks. The cdr is good, as well as the true damage, which essentially is armor pen. It also gives me something to put all my long swords into.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBlood69

Senior Member

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliv View Post
Yep. Or if I have the extra gold, I go in to a tear.
I used to start faerie charm. But it was back when spirit of elder lizard granted a good amount of AD.
Main mana problem is just at the beggining. If you snowball you gonna just kill things with one combo anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-07-2013

If you really have mana problems, go Spirit of the Elder Lizard.

You can win any lane with that item easily. Even that Cho'Gath and Shen stacking 9001 armor can be beaten by simply building SotEL.

The item makes you super strong midgame especially when the CDR gives you more opportunities to gank with your ultimate as well as use your abilities in fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jmlinden7

Senior Member

11-07-2013

No. It delays your power too much and by lategame, it's hard to get pokes off without getting hit by poke in return. If you need mana early game, get mana potions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mechanikatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-07-2013

Faerie Charm is not worth it. Ever.

180g for 3mana/5 vs. 5 mana potions (35g each for 100 mana)
500 mana from potions vs 3mana/5 from charn means you'll reach same amount of mana from charm after 166.6666*5 seconds, which is 833.3333 seconds, which is 14 minutes.

THATS RIGHT. FAERIE CHARM'S GOLD EQUIVALENT WORTH IN MANA POTIONS BREAKS EVEN AFTER 14 MINUTES.

Tl;dr: don't buy faerie charm on Panth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

Senior Member

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliv View Post
Caution: These are my own personal opinions!

I actually often start off with a Faerie charm 4 pots, 2 wards so I can spam spears and stay in lane.
not sure if pantheon or nidalee


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliv

Player Support Tech Specialist

11-07-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikatt View Post
Faerie Charm is not worth it. Ever.

180g for 3mana/5 vs. 5 mana potions (35g each for 100 mana)
500 mana from potions vs 3mana/5 from charn means you'll reach same amount of mana from charm after 166.6666*5 seconds, which is 833.3333 seconds, which is 14 minutes.

THATS RIGHT. FAERIE CHARM'S GOLD EQUIVALENT WORTH IN MANA POTIONS BREAKS EVEN AFTER 14 MINUTES.

Tl;dr: don't buy faerie charm on Panth.
He's got math on his side! Valid points are op! How do you start with Pant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
not sure if pantheon or nidalee
Why not both?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliv View Post
Yep. Or if I have the extra gold, I go in to a tear.
You can also get a Spirit of Elder Lizard which helps you alot for the early-mid game. Plus your fairie charm isn't going to wastes.