Mac Client can't move screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fyrebird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2013

Hi,
1. I load up a game as usual and once I summon and the game starts, I am able to do all actions besides move the screen by moving my mouse to the edges, using the arrows, etc.
2. The only way to move the camera is by double clicking on the mini map and the problem remains the same but within the confines of where I set the screen.
3. I can still buy items, move, attack and use summoners, but the space bar does not automatically snap back to my champion.
4. Another peculiar happening is that I have to do strange clicking patterns in order to buy things, press menus buttons, or anything of that sort, hence the "double clicking". Please help!

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-07-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrebird View Post
Hi,
1. I load up a game as usual and once I summon and the game starts, I am able to do all actions besides move the screen by moving my mouse to the edges, using the arrows, etc.
2. The only way to move the camera is by double clicking on the mini map and the problem remains the same but within the confines of where I set the screen.
3. I can still buy items, move, attack and use summoners, but the space bar does not automatically snap back to my champion.
4. Another peculiar happening is that I have to do strange clicking patterns in order to buy things, press menus buttons, or anything of that sort, hence the "double clicking". Please help!
It sounds like your resolution settings are in a bad state. Have you tried running in windowed mode?
Are you using a Retina display?

FireStorm21

11-07-2013

I know exactly what you are talking about Fyrebird. I have had that exact same problem. I cant scroll to different parts of the map, I can only see them by double clicking on the map. No matter what I do it never goes away, but once game ends and I start a new one, the problem is gone.

ras2014

11-09-2013

Hi Fyrebird, mine does the same thing and it also does the thing where the next game i start, the problem is fixed. Mine seems to occur if my ping is too high. Maybe that is part of the problem? But some of my friends suggested that i turn down most of my resolutions to low or very low to see if that helps.

Fyrebird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2013

Thanks for the responses, I have found that restarting the game helps, but that isn't very optimal considering my loadup time into the game and losing time. The problem is that it's not consistent either, I've had games where I've continued to restart and nothing would change. I'll mess with some resolution settings the next time it occurs. I have changed graphical details and switched from fullscreen to borderless before and to no avail during this testing period.

Atopia

11-17-2013

I am having this exact problem as well and have been looking for a solution. I will try to diagnose and troubleshoot this as well.

britney93

11-18-2013

I have that issue too. It happens all the time and it is random. I have switched to windowed mode, and played with the resolution. It is none of those. The only thing I think it could be is an issue with OSX Mavericks. That shouldn't be it, but maybe something to look into.

Emilie

11-20-2013

I also have this issue. When I notice it at the beginning of the game, I DC and then reload. It *usually* fixes it.

I now have a new issue, though. I can't ping on the map. At all. I click a ping button and drag my mouse to do a ping, and it doesn't drag.
My screen is also scrolling too far and when it shouldn't be.

It's not a mouse issue, as I tested with another mouse. I have no idea what caused this.

WanderingRhodie

11-24-2013

This sounds like my exact situation 10 minutes ago. I couldn't move my screen or see where I was going unless I double-clicked the mini-map. Not very convenient when being chased.
When I tried to shop for items I couldn't click on the shop by the fountain. I had to double-click on the shop button next to my gold counter to open the menu.

And in case Riot staff sees this:
- Windowed
- Medium settings
- No problems with the ping from what I could tell.
- I played a previous game that went just fine and didn't change any of the settings between the two games.
- Mouse buttons work fine outside of the game.

Atopia

12-24-2013

Bump.

This needs to be fixed.

I still haven't found a solution for this.