@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's a pretty good list of assumptions

I'd personally like a faction/lore patch. I really would. I personally think they're great opportunities to expand the world and tell more story.
Morde, Karthus and Eve Shadow Isles VU patch please!

Stylus please

MarshallBananna

11-07-2013

I never really liked her looks to be honest. It's probably the main reason i don't play her.

She doesn't inspire the 'dignified, smart, law enforcer' thing i think they where trying to get across.

The look on her face, the attitude and tone in her voice completely clash with her ridiculous attire. That minuscule skirt, revealing top, and the thing that always makes me cringe : that hat. She looks like a ****ty clown, and not the image i get when i think 'piltover's finest'.

Funny since you pretty much nailed Vi's mechanics, design and voice perfectly.

Maybe i'm in the minority on this but that's the way i see it.

Dz Vegas

11-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
Morde, Karthus and Eve Shadow Isles VU patch please!

Stylus please
This!, Mordekaiser fanboy here xD

DragonsEyeG

11-07-2013

Cait should keep the skirt. it's awesome and makes her look hot, yet powerful.

Malrock3

11-07-2013

I really don't think getting rid of the mini skirt is at all appropriate. It is something that is iconic to her character at this point. Every single skin incorporates this. Removing it would be changing something too fundamental about the character. I feel quite strongly about this change being a terrible one. Would be pretty upset if such a thing went through.

JesusCrusader

chumbler

11-07-2013

Am I alone in getting really frustrated at seeing the constant suggestions that whatever Caitlyn wears needs to be sexy/hot? No, the miniskirt/dress is not iconic for Caitlyn. The hat and gun are. There's no reason she can't wear pants (and the apparent need to propose them as "possibly sexy pants" is facepalm-worthy). I'm losing hope that female character designs in video games are ever going to grow past looking like they were thought up by a 15 year old boy who wants something to jerk it to.

IronStylus, ignore the forums and go with what you think works best. That way there is at least a higher probability that the end result will look like it was designed by a reasonable human being rather than a raging mound of hormones.

Edit: Actually wait, never mind. I just looked at that Lady Mechanika link. There is no hope. Why are reasonable pants such a difficult concept for female character designers in any genre? I give up. Just put non-skin-tight pants on resistance Caitlyn and leave everything else the same and I'll take that and try to ignore everything else.

Aeolian Melodies

11-07-2013

Quote:
She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as follows:

- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.

- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

- Not necesarilly tone down the hat, but give it some flair or maybe a bit of function. Piltover high-fashion rather than Willy Wonka.

Again, personally, this is just me, but I'd like to see a bit of this injected into her:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...=1920&bih=1069

So yeah. Again, not any time soon, and just personal feels, but I think she could use some tightening. Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P
Man, where are you when they pump out these ridiculously incorrect arts <3

Meatzombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2013

Quote:
That's a pretty good list of assumptions

I'd personally like a faction/lore patch. I really would. I personally think they're great opportunities to expand the world and tell more story.
I agree wholeheartedly. I know this is beyond the scope of your particular job, but how cool would it be if you could choose a faction, and have a client skin based on that faction? Piltover could be all steampunk, Zuan more Bioforge looking, Freljord Icy, etc. I would purchase a client skin for RP (@Hippalus)

Linna Excel

11-07-2013

Quote:
No problem! It's been a pleasure to answer what I can.

Let's see. Honestly we have a lot on our plate. I'd say we have at least 30 big ones on our hit list. That's not to say that we're going to crank through those in order from "worst" to "least worst", it's going to be a process and a staggered one at that. Throwing the more subtle quality/theme based VU's into the mix with the more ambitious ones.

A lot of us see opportunities too. So, while something might not be screaming for attention for quality's sake, we have ideas about existing champions in terms of art, design and story. There also might be times where an important balance change, or design rework, could prompt something to get expedited. Maybe we have a bundle of content to release which could really be served by giving an older character some much needed love. Relaunches of opportunity, we've called them in the past.

Lots of variables are factored in. The list is honestly surprisingly long, but that's just because the current quality bar is so high. We also feel that relaunches are a great way to provide content that we didn't have the capacity, bandwidth, or ability to do before. Champions and skins are of course staples, but relaunches have become an important part in keeping the content pool fresh!
My guess at the biggest things on your list:
  1. who needs it the most
  2. who's the easiest of those that need it
  3. who is the most popular champ
  4. is there a kit rework to time this with
  5. do we need this to make new skins to sell, if so do we have a pressing new skin idea to justify this
  6. do we have a particularly good rework idea
  7. when are the right people we need for this going to be available
  8. can this VU nerf Irelia or Soraka in any way? If so it goes first.