@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2013

My issue with Caitlyn is that she's... so dull, thematically. When you hit control+4 (or shift+4 or whatever it's bound to now) on any other champion, they let loose in laughter. Caitlyn? She sounds like she's a poor actor reading 'laugh' off of a script and doesn't want to. Everything she does just seems so passionless and dull.

The Scyphozoa

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Can we expect her voice and speech patterns to remain largely the same, or do you see room for change there? Right now a lot of what she says sounds rather bland or forced.
Caitlyn's in the 20% of champions whose voiceovers I don't hate, I really hope they don't change it too much.

The Scyphozoa

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeZ3ro View Post
Everything she does just seems so passionless and dull.
It's supposed to be.

NotBuzzJack

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scyphozoa View Post
It's supposed to be.
What makes you say that?

The Scyphozoa

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
What makes you say that?
It fits her character as a strict, by-the-book law enforcer. And this was BEFORE they had Vi.

I agree that her visual design doesn't really fit with Vi and Jayce, but her VO is already the perfect contrast to Vi's personality.

Spiritofryu

11-06-2013

maybe bigger ti ts?

Wolf McWolf

11-06-2013

Mr. Stylus, since you're still around, what if we were to attempt to please both sides of the skirtpants issue? Why not have Cait keep a miniskirt, but give her some classy ass stockings and tall boots to go with them? There are a lot of ways to take stockings and skirts and make for a sexy, high society woman.

Spiritofryu

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf McWolf View Post
Mr. Stylus, since you're still around, what if we were to attempt to please both sides of the skirtpants issue? Why not have Cait keep a miniskirt, but give her some classy ass stockings and tall boots to go with them? There are a lot of ways to take stockings and skirts and make for a sexy, high society woman.
high stockings mini skirt tall boots
caits vu will give us a name change

Caitlyn the Wh ore of piltover

Tortferngatr

11-06-2013

Hmm. All this talk of Caitlyn.

It seems rather...suspicious...that Jinx managed to 1-man army chaos and a wave of crime into the city. That implies that a few petty Zaun criminals with equivalent firepower could have done that, and that's hardly worthy of League recognition.

Jinx might be incredibly good at getting away (and baiting Vi into destroying her own city's vault,) but something tells me that she had help and perhaps a bit of a...push...from some force, some power behind the Super Mega Death Rockets, some deep organizing power which forever stands in the way of the law, and throws it shield over the wrong-doer. (Totally didn't plagiarize the second half of that sentence from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Totally didn't.)

Oh yes, we have a Watson, and we're discussing the Holmes. But what about the Moriarty?

For all this talk of Caitlyn, we don't really have a true criminal mastermind. We have Veigar (who is too hilarious to fit,) Swain (who is more of a "general"...ah who am I kidding let's just morph and eat them), Jinx (no real strategizing power,) and even LeBlanc (cunning, but far more a pure illusionist "smoke and mirrors/classic misdirection" fantasy than a criminal mastermind fantasy), but we don't really have a real criminal mastermind.

Such a character seems like an excellent opportunity to give Caitlyn (or a Caitlyn VU) some added depth, somewhat akin to what Vi is getting with her reactions to Jinx's presence in Piltover. It could also let you do some interesting variations that most interpretations might not try--what if C had a sort of "mathematical" theme in the vein of the original Professor Moriarty? Goddamn would a "calculation" theme be cool to try out.

I leave you with this. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle OP. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Problem
"He is the Napoleon of crime, Watson. He is the organizer of half that is evil and of nearly all that is undetected in this great city. He is a genius, a philosopher, an abstract thinker. He has a brain of the first order. He sits motionless, like a spider in the center of its web, but that web has a thousand radiations, and he knows well every quiver of each of them. He does little himself. He only plans. But his agents are numerous and splendidly organized. Is there a crime to be done, a paper to be abstracted, we will say, a house to be rifled, a man to be removed -- the word is passed to the Professor, the matter is organized and carried out. The agent may be caught. In that case money is found for his bail or his defence. But the central power which uses the agent is never caught -- never so much as suspected.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
24 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf McWolf View Post
Honestly I'm up for anything so long as it's a reflection of her personality.