@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wife Of Shyvana

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
sexy pants?
Please for the love of god don't do this to her. I love her outfit as it is. I love the safari and classic cait. But please don't change her outfit to pants. I will feel very very i dunno... I like her as the outfit she has right now. I love the splash arts. Please for the love of cait don't do that to her outfit.

Keep the miniskirt.

I'm saying this as a female LoL player, I don't mind that she has that "sexualize" look. I think she looks great. I love cait as my ADC pick and i'd be really upset if her outfit was changed so much,

You guys already did this to Sejuani and now i wont play her. the new voice over and sejuani looks killed sejuani for me. I wont play her anymore because i feel like the person she was and the lore and all that, Sejuani isn't the sej i knew. Sejuani is dead to me because of her VU.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
21 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Of Syndra View Post
IMO too close to the design of Vayne.

Vayne is ALL SERIOUS, but Cait is more soft serious. I like that.
Veyne is a bit more Bayonetta to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wertilq

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This actually would be Relaunch's biggest reason to approach a Caitlyn VU if it ever happened. It's not so much that Caityn is "bad" in her current form, it's that the game, the world she inhabits and the characters related to her, have evolved past her, making her feel a bit dated. Nail on the head there with new characters being fleshed out, leaving some of the older champions feeling like they don't quite fit as the IP and visual styling of the world solidifies.
OMG! The quality creep is effecting us!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Scyphozoa

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
with a fat ass
Woop woop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
22 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me Shyvana View Post
Please for the love of god don't do this to her. I love her outfit as it is. I love the safari and classic cait. But please don't change her outfit to pants. I will feel very very i dunno... I like her as the outfit she has right now. I love the splash arts. Please for the love of cait don't do that to her outfit.

Keep the miniskirt.

I'm saying this as a female LoL player, I don't mind that she has that "sexualize" look. I think she looks great. I love cait as my ADC pick and i'd be really upset if her outfit was changed so much,

You guys already did this to Sejuani and now i wont play her. the new voice over and sejuani looks killed sejuani for me. I wont play her anymore because i feel like the person she was and the lore and all that, Sejuani isn't the sej i knew. Sejuani is dead to me because of her VU.
I honestly don't think sexualization has anything to do with it. This would probably be more of a style choice, and one based around possibly pushing her snazzy dress sensibility to a higher level. One which her current look doesn't really seem to serve. It's less about sexy and more about stylish in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanovah

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This actually would be Relaunch's biggest reason to approach a Caitlyn VU if it ever happened. It's not so much that Caityn is "bad" in her current form, it's that the game, the world she inhabits and the characters related to her, have evolved past her, making her feel a bit dated. Nail on the head there with new characters being fleshed out, leaving some of the older champions feeling like they don't quite fit as the IP and visual styling of the world solidifies.

This sort of thing is kind of what I might refer to as "stylistic balancing" or "thematic balancing". Matching the art style (proportions, materials, technology) and the theme (intended fantasy, personality, story) with the world of League as we tighten it.

Personally, these are my favorite to do because it means we're working with something that's really strong, and it mainly equates to us making it stronger!

Oh God the spelling and grammar of that quoted post. I really need to stop making long posts on my phones Swype keyboard.

That revelation aside. IronStylus how big of a priority would you say "stylistic balancing" is for you guys when you have champions that need complete VUs because they are just plain bad?

By that I mean are "stylistic balances" Something that take zero priority until all of the "bad" VUs done? Or are they something we could see between VUs like after say Sion while you guys are brainstorming for Urgot Because X Rioter has a super clear vision for Y champion? I'm basically trying to look for an answer without locking you guys into any "promises".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
23 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanovah View Post
Oh God the spelling and grammar of that quoted post. I really need to stop making long posts on my phones Swype keyboard.

That revelation aside. IronStylus how big of a priority would you say "stylistic balancing" is for you guys when you have champions that need complete VUs because they are just plain bad?

By that I mean are "stylistic balances" Something that take zero priority until all of the "bad" VUs done? Or are they something we could see between VUs like after say Sion while you guys are brainstorming for Urgot Because X Rioter has a super clear vision for Y champion? I'm basically trying to look for an answer without locking you guys into any "promises".
Good question. Those types of VU's are easier to pepper in and possibly slow burn on, so that we can stagger them in between straight up Relaunches or Rework/VU's. Both of those are a bit more daunting than straight up VU's. They require a lot of design support and are a little more subjective.

A VU like Cait, and that's not saying she's up for one anytime soon, would be medium-low priority and might follow a VU/Relaunch/Rework/etc that was more intensive. So, hypothetically, let's say we throw someone like Sion into the pipeline, who needs a **** ton of support from all over the place, someone like Cait might be good to follow because it's more craft/polish/quality/new-coat-of-paint tweaking than full on blowing up the building and reconstructing it.

Ideally though, we want to get the biggest challenges out of the way fast, but that can really burn out a team fast, doing one resource intensive relaunch after another.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2013

I'm personally against the Cait skirt, because I think every part of Cait is a stupid dumb design, but I mean if I already hate it's probably not for me. That said I thought that if you had to keep the skirt, something more in the veins of a pencil skirt, even if it's short, would be more fitting on the character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanovah

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me Shyvana View Post
Please for the love of god don't do this to her. I love her outfit as it is. I love the safari and classic cait. But please don't change her outfit to pants. I will feel very very i dunno... I like her as the outfit she has right now. I love the splash arts. Please for the love of cait don't do that to her outfit.

Keep the miniskirt.

I'm saying this as a female LoL player, I don't mind that she has that "sexualize" look. I think she looks great. I love cait as my ADC pick and i'd be really upset if her outfit was changed so much,

You guys already did this to Sejuani and now i wont play her. the new voice over and sejuani looks killed sejuani for me. I wont play her anymore because i feel like the person she was and the lore and all that, Sejuani isn't the sej i knew. Sejuani is dead to me because of her VU.

Why does she have to have a "sexy look" though? I admit her current look is nice and makes fan art and shipping easier, but the more I play her and pay attention to the world of the game, the more awkward she feels.

Like I said previously I'm open to the sexy but it just doesn't feel right here. I also think she'd be a pretty good candidate for a traditional skin since it would be such a deviation from what she is now. So we could get the best of both worlds where she has a place thematically but also has a sexy skin with a miniskirt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

Senior Member

11-06-2013

Can we expect her voice and speech patterns to remain largely the same, or do you see room for change there? Right now a lot of what she says sounds rather bland or forced.