@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JesusCrusader

11-06-2013

[QUOTE=IronStylus;42769359]She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as
- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE VISUAL UPGRADE!! also will the VU come with the futuristic armored skin? because i really like the PAX Australia art you put out! lol when i heard about the skin i nearly peed my pants in anticipation. God bless!

The Scyphozoa

11-06-2013

I'm really glad to hear that you don't intend to tone down the hat. Because as we all know,

Everybody wishes they had as cool a hat aaaaaaaaaaas Caitlyn.

...as Caitlyn.

Sanovah

11-06-2013

Her traps will always have cupcakes right? Because she has to be cupcake the hat lay

Winestain

11-06-2013

hey stylus, i really like you as an artist. Sorry for the whole "Quinn has boring design" thread, im sure youre much more qualified to make those decisions than i am. Just hope you read this and thanks for signing my hat with ohmikegoodness

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
19 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanovah View Post
I think she partly needs to change just because of how much around her has changed. She's now two or two and a half years old and in that two+ years we've gotten a better idea of what piltover is, what it looks like, how It's citizens dress and act, we've also added two new champions for here to interact with one of whom is hee crime fighting partner.

The game has just expanded and refined so much her classic look doesn't the part of a badass sheriff of a powerful city state who's partners with Vi, friends with Jayce, and the nemesis of C.
This actually would be Relaunch's biggest reason to approach a Caitlyn VU if it ever happened. It's not so much that Caityn is "bad" in her current form, it's that the game, the world she inhabits and the characters related to her, have evolved past her, making her feel a bit dated. Nail on the head there with new characters being fleshed out, leaving some of the older champions feeling like they don't quite fit as the IP and visual styling of the world solidifies.

This sort of thing is kind of what I might refer to as "stylistic balancing" or "thematic balancing". Matching the art style (proportions, materials, technology) and the theme (intended fantasy, personality, story) with the world of League as we tighten it.

Personally, these are my favorite to do because it means we're working with something that's really strong, and it mainly equates to us making it stronger!

cocacolalips

11-06-2013

Does she have to be so annoying to look at?

Every time I watch her move, shoot, walk, I want to slap her face with a hot frying pan in the hope the little that remains from her brain cells get excited enough for her not to act like a tigh-ass snob naff corny b!tch with a fat ass and a stupid hat.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-06-2013
20 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
Does she have to be so annoying to look at?

Every time I watch her move, shoot, walk, I want to slap her face with a hot frying pan in the hope the little that remains from her brain cells get excited enough for her not to act like a tigh-ass snob naff corny b!tch with a fat ass and a stupid hat.
Note taken: Make not annoying to look at.

Power Of Syndra

11-06-2013

Am I the only one who finds current Caitlyn completly fine and one of the most solid champions design and game whise? :S

She looks calm and funny, has a nice voice, is easy to play for beginner and good to use for professionals. Kind of a "perfect" champion to me.

cocacolalips

11-06-2013

The concept of lady mechanika you linked earlier is neat btw.

Power Of Syndra

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
The concept of lady mechanika you linked earlier is neat btw.
IMO too close to the design of Vayne.

Vayne is ALL SERIOUS, but Cait is more soft serious. I like that.