Did sweepers range get nerfed?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

11-06-2013

I haven't been buying sweeper because:

1) Cost is too high. It's no longer cost effective.
2) The cast range on the passive is just too stupid short. Hey guys before we face check this bush let me cast sweeper on it to make sure that nobod-- OH GOD WHY "Enemy triple kill!"

Romantic Metro

11-06-2013

sweeper feels unpleasant to build now. I understand it shouldn't have been that powerful, but its cast range really makes it feel bad. The cost of it is just out there too. I understand sweeper countered champions hard but the reality is they still cause all the same problems. I understand cdr/health is vital, but if they were gonna do all this they should have kept the movespeed stat on there and not move it to BFT which now feels like a must have item.

Nexus Crawler

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic Metro View Post
sweeper feels unpleasant to build now. I understand it shouldn't have been that powerful, but its cast range really makes it feel bad. The cost of it is just out there too. I understand sweeper countered champions hard but the reality is they still cause all the same problems. I understand cdr/health is vital, but if they were gonna do all this they should have kept the movespeed stat on there and not move it to BFT which now feels like a must have item.
That CDR/HP doesn't really help you much when you have to basically get within range of a Darius Pull, or Lee Q just to brush check.

Also I mentioned in some post my feedback on it. You basically have;

CDR + MP5 + 75AP @ 2.2k
CDR + MP5 + MR + 60AP @ 2.6k
CDR + HP + 40AP @ 2.3k

Guess which one I'm going with the vast majority of the time.

Golly

11-06-2013

Well, because there is no innate vision in the game other than grez/sweeper CV... it made sweeper a necessity.

Now that sweeper is so expensive and the range is reduced, it's almost not even a valid option. This is also a default buff to brush checking champions and CV.

If Mao wasn't picked/banned in every game before, he almost certainly will be now. And expect a lot more CV. And even with the recent nerfs to Teemo, people should expect to see him more as well.

Nexus Crawler

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Well, because there is no innate vision in the game other than grez/sweeper CV... it made sweeper a necessity.

Now that sweeper is so expensive and the range is reduced, it's almost not even a valid option. This is also a default buff to brush checking champions and CV.

If Mao wasn't picked/banned in every game before, he almost certainly will be now. And expect a lot more CV. And even with the recent nerfs to Teemo, people should expect to see him more as well.
As well as Annie, cause she can brush check with Tibbers. Shout out to Gnomesayin!

Koravel

11-06-2013

Sweeper's range nerf needs to be returned to its old value. 800 is way too close.

naotasan

11-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel View Post
Sweeper's range nerf needs to be returned to its old value. 800 is way too close.
I'd be happy with 1000 range, and have that new S4 summoner spell for wards also effect sweepers and lanterns.

Kaiseresc

11-06-2013

at least some tanks can enjoy sweeper.

no one can enjoy Grez at all, though.
Riot butchered both items without any sense. Typical. Why do you raise price and NERF a bunch of stats? makes no sense.

Chavez Obama

11-06-2013

The nerfs may have been a bit overboard, but having both vision items be so cost effective was even less healthy. Getting the vision items should feel like at least somewhat of a tradeoff, rather than just getting vision on top of insane cost effectiveness.

I think having the casting range restored would be almost good enough.

ManWolfAxeBoss

QA Analyst

11-06-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The reason cast range was so greatly reduced is that there was no gameplay previously (same goes for the reveal length). It was 1200 units cast range, meaning the splash effect went even further. At 800 range I feel that it actually requires some thought now.

All the vision items are still cost effective, just not completely insane anymore. It will take time to adjust, but vision control is still incredibly important.

1234567 ... 12