New heimer is freaking fun as hell to play

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

11-05-2013

can you make turret destroy upon heimer death ? why it got changed ? now he's super op, with the same stuff, you can kill heimer but the turrets will always kill you if you don't flash away. that's a bit bs...

peanutbuttercrak

11-05-2013

I played heim a lot for a long time. Now I play him more

In terms of the new ult I see a few things.

Early on, RW is a great way to get a kill in lane. Especially if flash is up. I do have to play him more to have a solid idea of it's total damage. That way I can just look at a health bar and start planning. This is with all new champs though.

Early on, RQ is an AMAZING counter-ganking tool. I've had Xins, Hecs, and Nocs just try and bum rush me. I usually have at least one turret near me. Dropping the ult one puts the 2v1 on even footing. I've come away with a kill when I die, a kill and I live, and I even have gotten a double when I happened to have 2 turrets right near me before dropping another and ulting for the 4th.

Later on, RQ is AMAZING in team fights. I have had total confidence in actually flashing into the middle of the enemy, dropping a turret, and dropping my ulted one. Then I Hourglass and watch as my team picks up the pieces. Yes i usually die eventually, but it's commonly a 3 for 1 trade.

I haven't found much use for RE. I think I used it once to nab a kill when the dude was really far away when I helped bot. Again, I don't really have an idea for the damage of this yet so I'm sure I'll figure that out.

A rushed Hourglass on him is crazy right now. I've survived a 3v1 in the middle of the lane. Again turrets were around and dropped. Hourglassed, and people were getting shredded so they backed off. It allowed me a flash escape since they panicked when 2 of their healths were melted.

Only issues I'm having is mana. Which is good. I can still stay in lane and drop turrets and get CS at low mana but I lose my harrass. I truly love using one turret as a free ward too. More stuff to learn is turret placement as far as avoiding quick kills and aoe spells. So if the enemy is farming creeps my turret is alive.

Also playing with starting items. Dorin's ring, just a amplifying tome to get a quicker hourglass, mana regen items. Anyone else find a good start?

Aexalven

11-05-2013

Nah, new Heimer is bad, it killed what made Heimy Heimy.

I mained old one and I dont enjoy the rework. Its just another boring ap nuker who will end up as support.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

All glory to the Heimer rework team!

Though seriously, the fragility of Heimer's turrets does bug me a bit, but I think it could be fixed by simply tying their health to Heimer's health. If he wants tankier turrets, build a RoA and a Rylai's. If he doesn't want to invest in his turret game, he doesn't have to and and simply forgo caring about his turret health.

exec3

11-05-2013

Heimer is pretty fun now though the turret beams can be annoying because they always seem to use them against creeps the moment the cd ends rather than giving me a chance to stun an enemy (also they'd use the beam against the creep they're attacking, often a single one, rather than trying to maximize how many creeps get hit with a single beam).

Could I suggest a QoL tweak? You may remember that Zigg's Q got changed a previous patch to allow it to be cast beyond the cast range. I was wondering if you could do the same for Heim's RE as I'm experiencing the same problems as I did with Ziggs in just wanting to throw out an RE to hit someone with the tail end of the bounces only for Heim to start walking to get into range causing the shot to fail completely and sometimes putting me in harms way.

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

11-05-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
Could I suggest a QoL tweak? You may remember that Zigg's Q got changed a previous patch to allow it to be cast beyond the cast range. I was wondering if you could do the same for Heim's RE as I'm experiencing the same problems as I did with Ziggs in just wanting to throw out an RE to hit someone with the tail end of the bounces only for Heim to start walking to get into range causing the shot to fail completely and sometimes putting me in harms way.
That makes sense, I'll play around with it

Cha Cha San

11-05-2013

Is the bug where heimerdingers turrets aren't showing the white charge bar going to be fixed next patch?

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

11-05-2013
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
That makes sense, I'll play around with it
I just went ahead and put it in. Also on PBE Heimer turrets should show which turret was placed first when you mouse over the Q button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha San View Post
Is the bug where heimerdingers turrets aren't showing the white charge bar going to be fixed next patch?
Hrm, not aware of that one. Got a link?

Gløry

11-05-2013

Can you now re-rework Karma, so that her R is like Heimer's R?

I'd rather have a huge gamechanger upgrade on a long cooldown than a slightly buffed normal ability on a slightly low CD.

Can you imagine if Karma's R-Q was like a giant laser cannon that left devastation in its wake, or if her R-W lasted longer for more dmg and healing, rooted everyone that passed through it and stunned the target at the end of the duration? Or an R-E that...actually RE is pretty good, if only the speed boost lasted a bit longer.

Draaaaaaavén

11-05-2013

Just curious, but how does the Tower targeting work in regards to Heimer's turrets? Does it target via distance from, placement, Apex / normal towers?

Is the reason why this was changed a few months back in preparation for Heimer getting three (four with your ult) towers and pushing down towers too quickly?