New heimer is freaking fun as hell to play

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

11-05-2013

He's incredibly fun, fills an interesting niche for multiple lanes, but perhaps is a bit overtuned at the moment.

Coldmanj

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
People gravitate toward the RW both for playing as and playing against Heimer, it's just really sexy and overt about what it does. I think over time turret centric strategy will become more common as people get used to the rest of the kit.
Hey faux I am curious with your thoughts on how fragile heimers turrets are right now. it seems way to easy to kill them and their normal auto attack damage feel really weak after about 20 mins and doesnt seem to have much affect in fights. Are they going to stay like this or were they undertuned to keep them from steamrolling over everyone and will see some changes.

Also the CH-2 nade is really confusing to me... what is its effective area? many times now i have thrown a nade expecting at least a slow because it slowed someone from that range of the impact before but didnt...

Tarinis

11-05-2013

I do not mind his turrets being squishy to single target skills and auto, but AOE hurting them is kinda BS. AOE takes a lot less effort to utilize than single target, plus it really hurts those turrets in teamfights

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2013

I love his R+E Grenades. They're huge, bouncy beasts, and they're amazing. Thank you for the effort and quality of his finished state.

Dragoon Feld

11-05-2013

galio seems to do a good job of shutting heimer down. just walk up to the turrets and smack em down with his W up.

Tarinis

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by king feid View Post
galio seems to do a good job of shutting heimer down. Just walk up to the turrets and smack em down with his w up.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

11-05-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
Hey faux I am curious with your thoughts on how fragile heimers turrets are right now.
Turret tankiness is definitely balanced on a razor's edge, but I feel good about where they are now.

Specifically for AE in teamfights, the main thing to watch is if they can hit turrets + other stuff in an AE. If they have to choose between hitting the turrets or hitting your team, you've done a good job. If multiple turrets are dying to the same AE, they've successfully outplayed the turrets. As a general rule, the turrets come out and hit hard; they sort of "become CC" if they get attacked, since spells and bullets spent on turrets (ideally) aren't hitting champions.

As an aside, by the teamfight phase Heimer is able to deploy 3 turrets ahead of time; he's at his strongest when he's fighting in a full turret nest and he has 3 kits still on his person. That's not easy to do, but in those fights he's terrifying because he'll just replace the turrets as they die and turrets spawn with 2/3 of a beam charge.

Vacus

11-05-2013

I'm actually starting to think turrets should die in one hit to a tower.

I've had a lot of success running into a tower with three kits and one ally and just wrecking the tower before my three turrets die.

(Turret tankiness made me think of it.)

Elyonee

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
I love his R+E Grenades. They're huge, bouncy beasts, and they're amazing. Thank you for the effort and quality of his finished state.
Misread that at first and was confused.

Stevev45

11-05-2013

Has anyone been hit by a beam turret yet?
They seem to dodge themselves.

123456 ... 7