@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotOpti

Community Coordinator

Follow Opti on Twitter

11-05-2013
17 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777TITAN777 View Post
I know this is a VU thread, but I would really like to see a "Reverse" Caitlyn, where she is an outlaw.

I would do a western theme with a tan jacket, old school Winchester rifle, brown pants and some nice cowboy boots. Maybe a bandit mask pulled down maybe like a scarf..
Yeah, something like a Vigilante Cait meets Young Indiana Jones. Cait when she was too young to be sheriff, but too old to tolerate injustice, forcing her to take matters into her own hands. Yeah... *strokes non-existant beard*

KPOP Ahri

11-05-2013

Hm yeah some parts of her model need some attention but I wouldn't like it if they removed her dress .
I don't see Cait wearing pants , because she's classy and feminine and because we lack champs wearing dresses , it's something that makes her original . It also contrasts more with Vi who wears pants .

Tortferngatr

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
They are not looking forward to it -___-
Does this mean that if people in the community managed to perfect some sort of...tool script (not familiar with how 3d animation works, only that it somehow involves lots of math and programming)...that made fabric physics much more simple for the animators, and released it open-source or directly to Riot, we'd see Karthus get a VU much, much faster?

If so, time to start studying 3D modelling.

Cuix

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPOP Ahri View Post
Hm yeah some parts of her model need some attention but I wouldn't like it if they removed her dress .
I don't see Cait wearing pants , because she's classy and feminine and because we lack champs wearing dresses , it's something that makes her original . It also contrasts more with Vi who wears pants .
She's not really wearing a "dress" so much as a "corset + miniskirt", and I honestly have no idea how you see that as classy. Feminine, sure, and MF/Zyra/Morg/Kat are distinctly more sexualized, but "classy" doesn't seem to fit. There is an argument to be made about her outfit being original, but if anything I think that just means she's highly likely to get a Traditional skin.

Sanovah

11-05-2013

Dang this is still going? Well yay! Gonna throw my support behind a traditional skin. I say that because if we go anywhere near IronStylus' idea or that linked player made concept it would be as drastic if not more so than Trundle, Sej, and Karma. All of which got a traditional skin because of how far they departed the original art.

Overall I think it's a great idea and hopefully something we see sooner than soonTM.

777TITAN777

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpti View Post
Yeah, something like a Vigilante Cait meets Young Indiana Jones. Cait when she was too young to be sheriff, but too old to tolerate injustice, forcing her to take matters into her own hands. Yeah... *strokes non-existant beard*
like this
Name:  OutlawCaitlyn.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  305.0 KB

also see my riot leona thread :> #shamelessplug

[SKIN CONCEPT] Riot Leona

RexSaur

11-05-2013

Pls do not remove her hat .

I speak this as someone who has mained and has cait as my favorite champ since i started playing the game, do not change her too much and KEEP THE HAT, its part of her Character!

Do not remove all the ''goofyness'' (like the excess belts) either.

ice654

11-05-2013

Quote:
Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P
See: Nasus, Master Yi, Garen

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-05-2013

Quote:
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
Don't think miniskirts fit into the more refined look you seem to be going for, maybe you could surprise me but feel like pants or a dress would better fit that aesthetic. Love the design idea though <3, love how she plays but always seemed bland visually.

CSDragon

11-05-2013

Quote:
We sorta need to solidify what hextech is actually. Right now it's.. somethingsomethingbluemagicsomethingsomething. I think we need to find away to make it actually make sense mechanically. Piltover and Zaun obviously use it in different ways. It'd be fun to see how it manifests in each and powers their respective technology.
It's technology with 6 sides. I thought everyone knew that.