New heimer is freaking fun as hell to play

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Only Robot BR

11-04-2013

Title
he's balanced too which makes it even better
Whoever did this rework should be given a raise.

edit: omg, I got up in the morning and it's my first riot post

madibear

11-04-2013

you can thank xypherous for laying the foundation and 20thcenturyfaux for finishing it all off

Vacus

11-04-2013

Heimer is the only rework that they have ever done that I am completely in favor of.

Every other rework, I have at minimum some quibbles, even if I like it overall. Heimer, though? This **** is awesome.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

HAIL HEIMER! FOR THE GLORY OF SCIENCE!
(and to hell with that juvenile donger joke)

I am so happy I can play my main again.
I started LoL 1~2 weeks before Heimerdinger lost his 3rd turret, saved up all the week before when he was free, only to buy him post-patch and find I could no longer put down the 3rd turret. It was a huge blow to my heart.

Never could enjoy any other champion like I can while playing him. <3

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

11-05-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

The PBE time helped quite a bit in terms of catching random bugs, too. He had a couple when he went live but nothing too crazy, which in Heimerdinger terms is a minor miracle xD

madibear

11-05-2013

20thcenturyfaux a lot of people are saying that heims RW is op... im scared that you will nerf it they don't get that its balanced...

it burns two cooldowns and is generally for raw damage against a single champ... looking at strictly damage is only half the picture. imagine taking luxs ult stripping the range and making it a true skillshot so that it cant hit one enemy and continue to plow through and deal good damage.

stripping the ults range and making it a true skillshot would mean she would need massive damage to make it at all viable, that's how I look at heims ult... its luxs ult but way lesser range and true skillshot cant penetrate and keep plowing down enemies... it needs that damage to be viable, he doesn't get big AOE(unless you wanna spread it out which makes it sort of lackluster) or cc or glabal range like other ultsn as far as the RW combination goes.

and it burns two cooldowns... cant several good mid laners pretty much match that damage with an ult and another damage spell?

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

11-05-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

People gravitate toward the RW both for playing as and playing against Heimer, it's just really sexy and overt about what it does. I think over time turret centric strategy will become more common as people get used to the rest of the kit.

Balance is about more than winrate, but that said I'm also pretty happy about where his winrate is right now. It'll take time for strategies to emerge for how to play and counter Heimer, and it remains to be seen which side will win that arms race. So far I haven't seen a good reason to change his power level, I'm just having fun watching the live server and seeing youtubes ^^

Better Ban Sona

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
People gravitate toward the RW both for playing as and playing against Heimer, it's just really sexy and overt about what it does. I think over time people will respect the turrets more.

Balance is about more than winrate, but that said I'm also pretty happy about where his winrate is right now. It'll take time for strategies to emerge for how to play and counter Heimer, and it remains to be seen which side will win that arms race. So far I haven't seen a good reason to change his power level, I'm just having fun watching the live server and seeing youtubes ^^
Have you had a chance to check Sona out ont he PBE yet? I'm rather concerned for her even more-so than the other supports.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4003952

I love beer

11-05-2013

The RW is good but once people learn to drop that turret in a teamfight, there will be cries to get that Apex turret nerfed.

Insidiae

11-05-2013

What the people fear is not the damage of the R+W Ult. What they are really scared of is his incredible frightening particle effect.
I always get a minor heart atack when his rocket-torrent is killing me.

He is a great balanced champion but his particle effects are scary ...

Riot did a wonderful job (after working 3 years on it ) with the design of the championrework and his ability effects

12345 ... 7