@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luninareph

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.
YEEEEEEEES, PLEASE high-fashion-ify Cait. I love her to pieces as a champion, but she looks ridiculous and not at all like she ought to :S

Misogoop6

11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I think it's about time I teased the parrot.

Psst. Hey. Hey IronStylus. I want you to imagine: Caitlyn could probably use a nice piece of armor to absorb the recoil from that gun of hers. Let the ideas flow into you~
I like this idea. Like a shoulder or breastplate made of leather or metal.

HayabusaZero

11-05-2013

Quote:
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
Sexy pants, all the way!!! I love Xelandra's redesign, and i hope something alone those lines can be done by Riot to our loved Sheriff. Also, keep the hat, but reduce its size to a more compact one. I love your ideas for the rifle, so i don't have anything to add in that front...

But i also think Cait should be a candidate for a Traditional skin if we are going to change her to a more elegant but appropiate costume, since people would want to keep her miniskirt around (for nostalgic reasons), and having both options will make everyone a winner!!!

Please, Parrot Lord, make it happen!!!

PsychoSim

11-05-2013

Quote:
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
Like this? http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....itional_SS.jpg

But with less legging and more high boot... ?

Quote:
How about transitioning it into sort of a half-coat type thing? I like to think Piltover is more clever than just a miniskirt. Hence me curious about how to fashion her up in potentially unconventional ways.
Clever like this? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../2/25/Lulu.jpg

Splinterheart

11-05-2013

Actually, now that I think about it... Wouldn't this mean Cait would get a Traditional skin? It SEEMS like she'd be deserving of one, but I'm not sure.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-05-2013

Quote:
Actually it's still 100% hand animated making it still a real chore. The guys have just gotten really, really good at what they do. Our animators have very similar guidelines to capes as Edna from The Incredibles.
IronStylus mentioning one of the best animated movies of all time? Take my upvotes. All of them.

Ironstryde

11-05-2013

I'd love to see a more steam punk esque late 1800's high fashion style look. My only request is that the hat be drastically changed. She has such a cool collected and stylish personality. I'd just like to see not such a clown hat. Perhaps something without the 10 gallons and more of a cowboyish or bowler hat with a long extravagant feather or something. I just feel like her essence is lost on the circus hat. Thanks for interacting with us on so many topics though. You guys really make us feel like it is our game too.

supergamewizard

11-05-2013

Quote:
She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as follows:

- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.

- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

- Not necesarilly tone down the hat, but give it some flair or maybe a bit of function. Piltover high-fashion rather than Willy Wonka.

Again, personally, this is just me, but I'd like to see a bit of this injected into her:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...=1920&bih=1069

So yeah. Again, not any time soon, and just personal feels, but I think she could use some tightening. Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P
I'd like to inject something into her as well.

777TITAN777

11-05-2013

Quote:
Yep, good ideas. One big problem however is how to logistically get this rolled out in all territories. We're talking about forums from NA, to EU to Brazil.. Garena, Korea and Australia.. that's not even counting China. That's a lot of infrastructure, monitoring and localization to get rolling. I'm not sure how feasible it'd be. I feel it'd be a mistake to just create a simple poll on NA GD and call that it. That's ignoring a huge pile of players from other territories.
As much as I would love to see pre-release works that got voted on, I would be wary that it would have the opposite effect.

As we voted on different aspects of a character, choices that were not your favorites would be made and would likely go against the majority over time.

For instance, you may vote for skirt and that choice win but then you vote against hat and that choice wins. Now you don't like the character even though you had some say in the design.

Now imagine you vote against skirt but for hat, you are probably not as enthusiastic about the character because she now has a skirt.

A third person, and this will be a large group I think, will stop caring after something they didn't like is included.

This will leave only a small fraction of people who A) Don't care, or B) liked most of her design and voted for the changes that were accepted.

The problem will be that more people will be affected by their negative thoughts about the character than they would be with a surprise release with the character completed.

All that said, it would be a cool social experiment.

777TITAN777

11-05-2013

Quote:
I know this is a VU thread, but I would really like to see a "Reverse" Caitlyn, where she is an outlaw.

I would do a western theme with a tan jacket, old school Winchester rifle, brown pants and some nice cowboy boots. Maybe a bandit mask pulled down maybe like a scarf..