@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanovah

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It's something I can float, though we do have to be careful about setting expectations. Maybe it's something we could try with a champion. I'll have to find a good candidate.
Could you guys try what's shown here http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3744185 but shorten the coat tails up or remove them completely and just add some belts, ammo, gun and call it a hextech skin?

Know you just said you want to shy away from hextech, but god that concept just screams cait to me and would be a compliment to her current skin and theme. I can just see her drinking tea and solving crime in that and it would give the aura of a powerful crime detective, but would still be just a skin so we can have classic miniskirt Cait

AntiSkillshot

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanovah View Post
Could you guys try what's shown here http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3744185 but shorten the coat tails up or remove them completely and just add some belts, ammo, gun and call it a hextech skin?

Know you just said you want to shy away from hextech, but god that concept just screams cait to me and would be a compliment to her current skin and theme. I can just see her drinking tea and solving crime in that and it would give the aura of a powerful crime detective, but would still be just a skin so we can have classic miniskirt Cait
You know, you're the third person to show that piece of artwork. And i'm not even the first one to show it. The first one actually went right of the artist's Deviantart with that bit of artwork.

Chaosneobreakage

11-04-2013

I wouldn't mind at all if Caitlyn is given elements of Lady Mechanika in her. Also, I really like that Safari Caitlyn Chinese splash art.

Sanovah

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSkillshot View Post
You know, you're the third person to show that piece of artwork. And i'm not even the first one to show it. The first one actually went right of the artist's Deviantart with that bit of artwork.

What? Ironstyulus has been referencing it this entire thread since he saw it, i just posted it again because i was referencing it in my answer to a question he posed

TheUltimate3

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSkillshot View Post
HOPEFULLY Mr.Stylus and the rest of Riot takes the hint. /wink /wink /wink /shortenorremovethecoatbecauseoflucianthatthingisno treallyneeded /wink

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
7 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Oh for sure -- I wouldn't ask for the all reveal -- but something that best demonstrates the direction in a visual and concise manner. Otherwise someone might say "I vote for sexy pants" and then when it comes out, they might be like "Oh... if I knew sexy pants would look like that, I might have voted miniskirt".

So...
The design concept would be shown [Not Final]
But the players could vote on 1 concept aspect [To Make THAT aspect Final]

That way when whatever is released, people can be like "Yay! There's the [Some of both] we voted for! And there's where they took Cait with the rest of the VU. Wow!"

Food for thought.
Yep, good ideas. One big problem however is how to logistically get this rolled out in all territories. We're talking about forums from NA, to EU to Brazil.. Garena, Korea and Australia.. that's not even counting China. That's a lot of infrastructure, monitoring and localization to get rolling. I'm not sure how feasible it'd be. I feel it'd be a mistake to just create a simple poll on NA GD and call that it. That's ignoring a huge pile of players from other territories.

LucidFlux

11-04-2013

What about Karthus VU?

Postal Miku

11-04-2013

Possible you could throw me a bone?
or...you know...a comment

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...php?p=42770115

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yep, good ideas. One big problem however is how to logistically get this rolled out in all territories. We're talking about forums from NA, to EU to Brazil.. Garena, Korea and Australia.. that's not even counting China. That's a lot of infrastructure, monitoring and localization to get rolling. I'm not sure how feasible it'd be. I feel it'd be a mistake to just create a simple poll on NA GD and call that it. That's ignoring a huge pile of players from other territories.
Infrastructure ain't a big deal, Hell the client already has it built in. There's a button down at the bottom that says "Help us improve." If Riot wanted feedback, they'd just need to update that whenever they wanted the public's opinion, and to get everyone's attention, they could put a blue message at the top where the "champion x has been disabled" usually goes saying "we want to know your opinions about whatever, click the 'help us improve' button and let us know what you think on issue X."

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
8 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Infrastructure ain't a big deal, Hell the client already has it built in. There's a button down at the bottom that says "Help us improve." If Riot wanted feedback, they'd just need to update that whenever they wanted the public's opinion, and to get everyone's attention, they could put a blue message at the top where the "champion x has been disabled" usually goes saying "we want to know your opinions about whatever, click the 'help us improve' button and let us know what you think on issue X."
I'm not a Features dude, but I'm going to guess, that with our client, things might be more complicated than they look :P