@IronStylus Any news on a Pantheon VU?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Ultimator

11-04-2013

I really like Pantheon as a character, but his current model feels pretty out of date, as do his skins. Is there anything in the works for him, or is he at least on the radar?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ultimator View Post
I really like Pantheon as a character, but his current model feels pretty out of date, as do his skins. Is there anything in the works for him, or is he at least on the radar?
On the radar, but probably way far out. We have some concepts floating around by passionate Pantheon players so there's some fun being had. I think a couple of floating goals are that he should feel more substantial and just a dude who looks like a Spartan. Additionally, to find a way to make him feel unified in the prevailing Diana/Leona Targon look. However to be fair they need to be unified a bit as well.

VelNyeScienceEye

11-04-2013

Will there also be Baker Panth skin to go with the VU?

Izzabelle

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
On the radar, but probably way far out. We have some concepts floating around by passionate Pantheon players so there's some fun being had. I think a couple of floating goals are that he should feel more substantial and just a dude who looks like a Spartan. Additionally, to find a way to make him feel unified in the prevailing Diana/Leona Targon look. However to be fair they need to be unified a bit as well.
Hey, Parrot -- I think this is additionally really important to say about any Pantheon VU:

His skins need to be brought more in line with how they are represented in their respective splash arts. I think there is a thread floating around somewhere with this concern as well. Pantheon has probably [if not] the worst Splash -to- Skin representation. Some of his skins don't look anything like their splashes -- and it makes it really difficult for a buyer to know what they're really getting with a Pantheon skin. VU halp.

DragonsEyeG

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ultimator View Post
he is great and amazing as he is so shut it so these idiots dont ruin another good thing.. they still need to nerf YI

KissenKitten

11-05-2013

All I know is Ruthless Pantheon had BETTER be sexy. With all the women in league bursting out of their tops, he had better still be in a speedo. We ladies like a little eye candy too!

BigBoiBob

11-05-2013

Quote:
Hey IronStylus, has there been any discussions on his ult or any direction you'd like to see it go?

I'd like to see a change in Pantheon's ult to one of two outcomes:

1) He forms a spartan style phalanx with other spartans(think hecarims ult of undead horsies) shielding a team or teammate providing him with bonus damage if he get's focused while the team is ulted or that person get's focused. Reasons why I believe this sounds cool is simple cause Pantheon is a bad ass Spartan, and bad ass Spartans as seen in 300 form epic battle formations. It would take away from his Assassin role but, I don't know... I wanna see him become more Spartan-ey.

2) Pantheon sprints and leaps into the air off his spear in any direction (almost the exact same spell as Zac's e with maybe a bit more range) and slams down with his shield causing enough force to knock up and damage anyone in the impact zone.

- This is another Spartanesque spell I feel like Pantheon needs to complete his badass Spartan motif.
- Get's rid of his god awful travel around the map and maybe once a game it is worth something ULT

I really enjoy Pantheon and he is an awesome champ, but he has the chance of being one of the coolest champs in the game with such small changes to his kit.

Darkin Blade

11-05-2013

Pretty relieved about this. I hope they change his ult up, doesn't fit his character at all.

dryfire

11-05-2013

Quote:
fuck you.

ice654

11-05-2013

Considering what they did to Nasus and Garen, I suggest not encouraging him any further