@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Miku

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrne View Post
Iirc her looking too feminine wasn't the issue.. It looked way too prissy was the problem. She went from being boss man to anime schoolgirl.
SHE WEARS A BRIGHT PURPLE FRILLY DRESS
dayum


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It's something I can float, though we do have to be careful about setting expectations. Maybe it's something we could try with a champion. I'll have to find a good candidate.
Could you guys try to figure out a system where, when you're reworking a champion, you release a questionnaire to everyone who plays that champion often, asking them what they like about that champion, what they don't like, what they could change, etc?

I know that your data people SAY you do that, but I received nothing of the sort before the Karma rework.

And yes, I am still bitter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samflash3

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Yes, I think that may have been when I started getting mad. I don't care about her skin splash arts, they look fine, but the Chinese classic art is superb.

Attachment 819140

I mean, just look at it. It's great. How can anyone not like this?
I'm not a fan of it. It looks too cutesy. Almost like she doesn't even know what a gun is.

Current cait's splash has some seriousness in it which is awesome imo. Although I wonder if Riot was going for the old Western town feel when Piltover was made. I mean a Sheriff, and her kit looks a bit western along with the outfit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUltimate3

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
Yes, I think that may have been when I started getting mad. I don't care about her skin splash arts, they look fine, but the Chinese classic art is superb.

Attachment 819140

I mean, just look at it. It's great. How can anyone not like this?
In order:
It looked to anime-ish
She looks libe a Barbie
Her smile made her look less serious more flirty, not the strong independent sheriff of Piltover
It was from the Chinese client

Those were the primary arguments against it. The last two were particularly note worthy at the time. It was during the early stages of GD's very vocal outcry about female characters and their portrayal, so changing her face from a frown to a smile was seen at that time to be depowering.

Also big during that time was strong anti Chinese hate, so chinese art work was a very easy target.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nampoosh

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I like this. Probably couldn't go with that long of a coat, but yeah, great place to start.
Just make sure whatever you end up with that she still has like 4-5 useless belts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

Senior Member

11-04-2013

I'd love a more steampunk target for her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Could you guys try to figure out a system where, when you're reworking a champion, you release a questionnaire to everyone who plays that champion often, asking them what they like about that champion, what they don't like, what they could change, etc?

I know that your data people SAY you do that, but I received nothing of the sort before the Karma rework.

And yes, I am still bitter.
They kinda-sorta did that with Master Yi. I figured that the amount of research they did for him would become the standard.

And then Garen happened. Nasus is...tolerable, because they did the best they could since his voice actor passed away. But Garen was "low-risk" and they didn't do the research that they should have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It's something I can float, though we do have to be careful about setting expectations. Maybe it's something we could try with a champion. I'll have to find a good candidate.
Oh for sure -- I wouldn't ask for the all reveal -- but something that best demonstrates the direction in a visual and concise manner. Otherwise someone might say "I vote for sexy pants" and then when it comes out, they might be like "Oh... if I knew sexy pants would look like that, I might have voted miniskirt".

So...
The design concept would be shown [Not Final]
But the players could vote on 1 concept aspect [To Make THAT aspect Final]

That way when whatever is released, people can be like "Yay! There's the [Some of both] we voted for! And there's where they took Cait with the rest of the VU. Wow!"

Food for thought.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samflash3 View Post
I'm not a fan of it. It looks too cutesy. Almost like she doesn't even know what a gun is.

Current cait's splash has some seriousness in it which is awesome imo. Although I wonder if Riot was going for the old Western town feel when Piltover was made. I mean a Sheriff, and her kit looks a bit western along with the outfit.
I'm gonna have to write your name down, I hate you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post
In order:
It looked to anime-ish
She looks libe a Barbie
Her smile made her look less serious more flirty, not the strong independent sheriff of Piltover
It was from the Chinese client

Those were the primary arguments against it. The last two were particularly note worthy at the time. It was during the early stages of GD's very vocal outcry about female characters and their portrayal, so changing her face from a frown to a smile was seen at that time to be depowering.

Also big during that time was strong anti Chinese hate, so chinese art work was a very easy target.
That's very distressing news. And here I thought I couldn't hate GD more. Why hasn't this place been deleted yet?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

Senior Member

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post
In order:
It looked to anime-ish
She looks libe a Barbie
Her smile made her look less serious more flirty, not the strong independent sheriff of Piltover
It was from the Chinese client

Those were the primary arguments against it. The last two were particularly note worthy at the time. It was during the early stages of GD's very vocal outcry about female characters and their portrayal, so changing her face from a frown to a smile was seen at that time to be depowering.

Also big during that time was strong anti Chinese hate, so chinese art work was a very easy target.
I do like most of the Chinese artworks, however. Caitlyn's being one. But, that's because I like her face. I actually dislike the pose in that piece.