@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
Some of both please.

But really -- this is the kind of thing where I wish Riot could release concepts like:

Example 1: Miniskirt
Example 2: Sexy Pants
Example 3: Some of both

and then let the players vote on that design decision instead of fighting about it later.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
5 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
The miniskirt doesn't define any aspect of Caitlyn as a character really. What defines her is that she's a well dressed Piltover citizen, a sheriff, and a sniper. Her gun, her hat, and her poses all wrap this up well and I feel the miniskirt clashes but sort of works at the same time.

I'd say keep the skirt look, but lengthen it a bit.
How about transitioning it into sort of a half-coat type thing? I like to think Piltover is more clever than just a miniskirt. Hence me curious about how to fashion her up in potentially unconventional ways.

Jikker

11-04-2013

Quote:
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
I'd say keep the skirt, but lengthen it and make the top more covered. That image of Caitlyn redesign is great if you did a skirt instead of pants imo

TheUltimate3

11-04-2013

Quote:
I like this. Probably couldn't go with that long of a coat, but yeah, great place to start.
I'd be iffy on the coat at all. Mainly because of Lucian. If Cait got a long coat, from a top down visual aspect (not in game visual, but overall view point), we'd have two adcs in long coats, one white and one purple and that just doesn't seem interesting to me.

Could be completely off base though.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimate3 View Post

I think it was actually some point in early 2012. It never got off the PBE, but Sheriff and Resistance had their Chinese art pushed through.
Yes, I think that may have been when I started getting mad. I don't care about her skin splash arts, they look fine, but the Chinese classic art is superb.

Name:  Caitlyn_OriginalSkin_Ch.jpg
Views: 2428
Size:  161.3 KB

I mean, just look at it. It's great. How can anyone not like this?

Sanovah

11-04-2013

Quote:
I like this. Probably couldn't go with that long of a coat, but yeah, great place to start.

So confirmed that that's a new skin for her?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
6 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Some of both please.

But really -- this is the kind of thing where I wish Riot could release concepts like:

Example 1: Miniskirt
Example 2: Sexy Pants
Example 3: Some of both

and then let the players vote on that design decision instead of fighting about it later.
It's something I can float, though we do have to be careful about setting expectations. Maybe it's something we could try with a champion. I'll have to find a good candidate.

Samflash3

11-04-2013

Quote:
We sorta need to solidify what hextech is actually. Right now it's.. somethingsomethingbluemagicsomethingsomething. I think we need to find away to make it actually make sense mechanically. Piltover and Zaun obviously use it in different ways. It'd be fun to see how it manifests in each and powers their respective technology.
Hextech is a cooky technology which has an element of magic (hence the word Hex). Caitlyn's traps are hexed wiith magical icing that makes yordles attracted to them.

Oh yeah, aren't you bothered about not getting the Victorious Elise skin? I mean I know you're a rioter and all but don't you want the bragging rights that you got to Gold V. The gold banner matches Leona's armour

Xyrne

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Miku View Post
They actually did this once
But everyone QQed that their Miniskirt authority figure looked too feminine and didnt look like strong independent white womyan
Iirc her looking too feminine wasn't the issue.. It looked way too prissy was the problem. She went from being boss man to anime schoolgirl.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

I think it's about time I teased the parrot.

Psst. Hey. Hey IronStylus. I want you to imagine: Caitlyn could probably use a nice piece of armor to absorb the recoil from that gun of hers. Let the ideas flow into you~