@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X SkeletonCandy

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We sorta need to solidify what hextech is actually. Right now it's.. somethingsomethingbluemagicsomethingsomething. I think we need to find away to make it actually make sense mechanically. Piltover and Zaun obviously use it in different ways. It'd be fun to see how it manifests in each and powers their respective technology.
Could you actually explain what Hextech is? I thought Piltover and Zaun are enemies, why are they using the same technology?

TheUltimate3

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Miku View Post
They actually did this once
But everyone QQed that their Miniskirt authority figure looked too feminine and didnt look like strong independent white womyan
I remember that. Dear lord that was a glorious week.

Minishmaster

11-04-2013

Quote:
Vi's "Watson" ... is obviously punky and more eclectic.
Dr. John Watson disapproves of this thread.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
3 of 28 Riot Posts

Quote:
But everyone QQed that their Miniskirt authority figure looked too feminine and didnt look like strong independent white womyan
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Quote:
What? I don't recall this. I'm gonna be mad if they actually used it then changed it back. Where the Hell was I during this? I've been playing since September 2011.

TheUltimate3

11-04-2013

Quote:
Legit question.. keep miniskirt or change into possibly sexy pants? Maybe some of both..
I would say keep the skirt, only to differentiate from Vi.

But beyond that, this guy.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/LoL-Ca...sign-391316429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
What? I don't recall this. I'm gonna be mad if they actually used it then changed it back. Where the Hell was I during this? I've been playing since September 2011.
I think it was actually some point in early 2012. It never got off the PBE, but Sheriff and Resistance had their Chinese art pushed through.

Postal Miku

11-04-2013

Quote:
But please can I have your opinion on a Sona VU?
Petite Sona and her noodle skins wants a answer

She came out within a time of "bigger is better" where Xin's weapon was huge compared to everyone elses, and boobies everywhere
But stack MF and Sona next to each other (released after MF) and Sona is itty bitty

Hellioning

11-04-2013

Quote:
I am totally down with minidress plus slacks underneath.

Sanovah

11-04-2013

Quote:
She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as follows:

- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.

- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

- Not necesarilly tone down the hat, but give it some flair or maybe a bit of function. Piltover high-fashion rather than Willy Wonka.

Again, personally, this is just me, but I'd like to see a bit of this injected into her:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...=1920&bih=1069

So yeah. Again, not any time soon, and just personal feels, but I think she could use some tightening. Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P

Thanks for the reply IronStylus, Yeah she's definitely in a good spot and i figured she was a ways off from anything because of how good she is compared to some other champions. but i did want to ask since you were on today. I totally agree with your points and honestly felt bad using the abbreviation VU because she is a pretty solid model and animations and most of that I brought up was just person opinion that would have at best been a touch up and not a full visual upgrade/update.

As for your ideas. when she comes up you better falcon punch whoever gets assigned her and steal it. Everythging you brought up in this post would make me ridiculously happy as both a cait player and a Cait x Vi shipper. Those ideas just personify what I imagined cait as from her lore and personality and to me would make her mesh so much better with the Piltover area and Vi, Jayce, and now Jinx thing going on. Lie I said she's seemed like a solid champion, but has just slowly felt like she's falling out of place when we get the newer Piltover champs and compare her to them. So while she's a ways off thanks for the update and those ideas look AWESOME.

On last thing ai was hoping you could share Mr. parrot. Any news on the skin from for our Sheriff since she's not up for a VU which should make her eligible for skins?

Ding an Sich

11-04-2013

Quote:
We sorta need to solidify what hextech is actually. Right now it's.. somethingsomethingbluemagicsomethingsomething. I think we need to find away to make it actually make sense mechanically. Piltover and Zaun obviously use it in different ways. It'd be fun to see how it manifests in each and powers their respective technology.

Well it seems to be at the very least a combination of magic and (insert either biology, or technology. Both are applicable as well in the case of someone like hextech sion).

So arguably I think the working definition almost has to have some sort of unnatural magic, but not in the sense it is evil, just enigmatic and strange. Followed by the biological or technological manifestation.