@IronStylus: Cait VU thread

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanovah

11-04-2013

So since everyone else is doing this and the parrot seems to be on GD today.

IronStlyus any news you can share about everyones favorite fuzzy cuffed sheriff of Piltover? I personally think she's in a pretty good place overall and at most could use some slight updating and possibly a few more VO lines, but I do find a few things rather annoying.

The first one being her hat. it takes up a lot of her visual real estate, and while I agree it's a part of her just like Yis goggles are a part of him. It seems way too big and covers up too many other parts of her frame and model specifically her face and hair. By this I mean the hat is soo big you miss features of her face like the glasses on "Officer Caitlyn". It also obstructs the way her hair flows and is shaped. For the longest time I thought so many of her skins had little ties because the hat made it difficult to determine that she has a lock of hair that flows down her right shoulder into her chest.

Te other part of her that tends to bug me are her weapons. Like her hat they're a large part of her character, but I feel they lack some of the finer details for such a large part of her character. Like compare Fishbones to Her Officer riffle or Pow-pow to her Sheriff skin and the difference in small fine details is blatant.

So yeah while these aren't super "they have to happen now" complaints I do feel like they're important parts of her character that are lacking or taking up too much room and limiting her visual prowess. So @Ironstylus any news you can share about Cait and any possible upgrades to the areas i mentioned or even a complete VU overhaul?

Sanovah

11-04-2013

if you're gonna downvote at least say somethin..also bump

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-04-2013
1 of 28 Riot Posts

She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as follows:

- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.

- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

- Not necesarilly tone down the hat, but give it some flair or maybe a bit of function. Piltover high-fashion rather than Willy Wonka.

Again, personally, this is just me, but I'd like to see a bit of this injected into her:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...=1920&bih=1069

So yeah. Again, not any time soon, and just personal feels, but I think she could use some tightening. Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P

TheGrandDuelist

11-04-2013

Bird she needs a monocle. Disregard all other ideas.

Spitsonkittens

11-04-2013

Any idea where all the VU'd splash arts are in terms of development, Ironstylus?

LazyCanuck

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
She's not slated anytime soon, but my personal wishlist goes something as follows:

- Jayce-ify her just a bit, so that she feels somewhere in line between Vi and Jayce himself. Example, higher fashion. Cait is classy, I think she can fill the high-fashion niche a little better.

- Make her look the part of "Sherlock" to Vi's "Watson". I'd like her to feel juxtaposed, not just accidentally different. Meaning that Caitlyn should be put together, snazzy, fashionable, precise, while Vi is obviously punky and more eclectic.

- Not necesarilly tone down the hat, but give it some flair or maybe a bit of function. Piltover high-fashion rather than Willy Wonka.

Again, personally, this is just me, but I'd like to see a bit of this injected into her:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lady...=1920&bih=1069

So yeah. Again, not any time soon, and just personal feels, but I think she could use some tightening. Plus.. her walk cycle is a bit goofy and she has noodle arms :P

oh god even if you dont tweek her normal skins and whatnot around she simply needs a skin like looks like the link you posted, would make her pretty awesome

pls oh mighty redbird

Axxlon

11-04-2013

mfw lady mechanika

FabulousJusticar

11-04-2013

So since the parrot is in the thread:
1)Do you speak French?
2)Opinion on Teemo?
3)The most important:a VU on Mordekaiser. You have any ideas about it?

Postal Miku

11-04-2013

Hey Stylus, what about Sona?

Arcade Sona is seemingly the only decent skin as it is scaled right
But all the other skins she has makes her tiny, her head is like the size of Annie's shoe
Plus the texture on her older skins are kinda meh...

pls repsond

P.S - if you ever do it give her legs so her skin availability isn't so scarce (read this like 2 years ago)

FabulousJusticar

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsafeNormal View Post
Bird she needs a monocle. Disregard all other ideas.
oh yes plz

1234511 ... 27