Mystery Gift Bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capry

11-04-2013

I know this has already been posted multiple times all over the forums, but it has yet to be addressed by any Riot staff in any of those threads. I am posting this again in an attempt to receive a response from an employee, even if it just a simple explanation of what is happening. I am only concerned because I bought a specific amount of RP with the intentions of gifting all of my friends, and have been unable to do so for the last few days.

I'm sure everyone is already aware of the error message but if you aren't, it looks like this.

You are unable to send this gift for one of the following reasons:

• Summoner has received their daily maximum of gifts of this type.
  • Players must be levl 10 or above to receive a gift of this type.
There is also an additional list of requirements you must fulfill in order to be able to send & receive mystery gifts. These include :
  • The player receiving the gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least two weeks
  • If a player uses the /mute or /ignore command on someone, they will have to red-add the friend, and wait two weeks until a gift can be sent to that player
  • The play receiving the gift needs to be at least level 10
  • The player receiving the gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes LeaverBuster, Tribunal, etc)
  • The player receiving the gift must at least 10 unowned skins that they are eligible to receive for champions they own
  • The player sending the gift must be at least level 20
  • You can only send up to three gifts per day

Note that my friend and I fulfill every one of those requirements, and we are still unable to gift each other 3 times a day. I am just looking for a genuine response from an official with an explanation of why the system isn't allowing for the 3 gifts sent that it says are allowed.

Thanks in advance - any help from anyone who knows about any fixes for this issue would also be extremely helpful.

Hope everyone is getting good skins when they are able to gift!

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-04-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londry View Post
I know this has already been posted multiple times all over the forums, but it has yet to be addressed by any Riot staff in any of those threads. I am posting this again in an attempt to receive a response from an employee, even if it just a simple explanation of what is happening. I am only concerned because I bought a specific amount of RP with the intentions of gifting all of my friends, and have been unable to do so for the last few days.

I'm sure everyone is already aware of the error message but if you aren't, it looks like this.

You are unable to send this gift for one of the following reasons:
  • Summoner has received their daily maximum of gifts of this type.
  • Players must be levl 10 or above to receive a gift of this type.
There is also an additional list of requirements you must fulfill in order to be able to send & receive mystery gifts. These include :
  • The player receiving the gift needs to have been on your buddy list for at least two weeks
  • If a player uses the /mute or /ignore command on someone, they will have to red-add the friend, and wait two weeks until a gift can be sent to that player
  • The play receiving the gift needs to be at least level 10
  • The player receiving the gift cannot be banned or suspended (this includes LeaverBuster, Tribunal, etc)
  • The player receiving the gift must at least 10 unowned skins that they are eligible to receive for champions they own
  • The player sending the gift must be at least level 20
  • You can only send up to three gifts per day

Note that my friend and I fulfill every one of those requirements, and we are still unable to gift each other 3 times a day. I am just looking for a genuine response from an official with an explanation of why the system isn't allowing for the 3 gifts sent that it says are allowed.

Thanks in advance - any help from anyone who knows about any fixes for this issue would also be extremely helpful.

Hope everyone is getting good skins when they are able to gift!
replace "day" with "last 24 hour period". If you send 3 gifts, one at 1 pm and 2 more at 3 pm. you won't be able to give another gift until 1:01 pm the next day. You then will be able to give another 2 gifts at 3:01 pm.

Does this answer your question?

MadCast Kit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
replace "day" with "last 24 hour period". If you send 3 gifts, one at 1 pm and 2 more at 3 pm. you won't be able to give another gift until 1:01 pm the next day. You then will be able to give another 2 gifts at 3:01 pm.

It's saying that I have received too many today... I haven't received any Mystery gifts this -whole- event. Now I know why...

Capry

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post

Yes, that clears it up. Thank you very much for the response.

EndlessParty

11-07-2013

Those additional requirement really suck. I just started playing and hurried to reach level 10 so I could gift my friends, but because I've only had the account for 3 days or so I am unable to do so? Also, that means that I am unable to receive gifts even though I've reached level 10 simply because I'm a new player. How it that fair?