@SmashGizmo, Morello, and/or Phreak

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isysar

11-03-2013

What are your guys thoughts about Olaf after the rework and his first round of buffs? I know you're busy with S4 (and maybe there are changes to other bruisers/items/masteries/game flow that make Olaf more viable and we haven't seen them yet), but what are your thoughts on him?

Isysar

11-03-2013

Bump

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

11-04-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

It seems he's seeing some picks and bans in the NACL and ALCS, mostly centered around using him as a counter to Jax, and his pick rate and win rate in all queues both seem to have gotten markedly better with this last patch. It's early to say anything definitive about his current balance state, but all the early data from this patch is leaving me optimistic that he's somewhat close to a good spot.

From my personal experiences in solo queue, I'm finding that I have trouble being effective vs. Jarvan, Nidalee and Vayne and that's frustrating me due to their popularity in my games, but I feel very powerful when those characters aren't present.

I think his jungle is hurting a little bit right now, but I do think it's playable and I think the upcoming pre-season changes will help him out in the jungle considerably. Right now he's just having trouble hitting the level of farm he needs out of the jungle.

CynicalGiant

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
It seems he's seeing some picks and bans in the NACL and ALCS, mostly centered around using him as a counter to Jax, and his pick rate and win rate in all queues both seem to have gotten markedly better with this last patch. It's early to say anything definitive about his current balance state, but all the early data from this patch is leaving me optimistic that he's somewhat close to a good spot.

From my personal experiences in solo queue, I'm finding that I have trouble being effective vs. Jarvan, Nidalee and Vayne and that's frustrating me due to their popularity in my games, but I feel very powerful when those characters aren't present.

I think his jungle is hurting a little bit right now, but I do think it's playable and I think the upcoming pre-season changes will help him out in the jungle considerably. Right now he's just having trouble hitting the level of farm he needs out of the jungle.
So why did you take away the spellvamp from his W?

Boyahda

11-04-2013

Quote:
Right now he's just having trouble hitting the level of farm he needs out of the jungle.
Most junglers are in this position. Season 4 can't get here fast enough.

BestVayneMars

Recruiter

11-04-2013

Quote:

What about lane Olaf?

In lane he doesn't so much feel weak but not so powerful since the minimum distance on Q seems too long to really chase your opponent with. Out of lane it seems harder to stick on to targets because of the duration put on Q. Also what about laning Bruiser itemization. Are we going to see some positive changes to those?

Porkcchop

11-04-2013

I love his top lane right now. Very strong vs melee champs.

Wyld Tentomon

11-04-2013

I honestly just don't care to play Olaf after they butchered his kit. Jax will always be a nightmare and 1 counter pick won't change the fact that he needs his ass toned down 90%

Spearball

11-04-2013

Quote:
Really? I believe you, but if you don't mind me asking, can someone link me to the games in question?

Porkcchop

11-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draknein View Post
I honestly just don't care to play Olaf after they butchered his kit. Jax will always be a nightmare and 1 counter pick won't change the fact that he needs his ass toned down 90%
His kit is better now than before.....

His itemization has just been nerfed to hell, and armor is worthless late game.