Nasus VU dance question, asked for parrots as the moon also rises

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhyperius

11-03-2013

MR PARROT!

PLEASE, MY BEST FRIEND MAINS DIANA AND IS DOWN IN THE DUMPS ATM. IS THERE ANY NEW AND UPCOMING INFO YOU CAN TELL US ABOUT DIANA OR HER WIP SKIN???

No for real though, It would mean a lot to get some snippets. Even if it's just a tease. :x

And sorry if I'm hijacking this thread- I just happened to notice you're active and figured this would be the easiest way to get your attention..

Thanks in advance.

Dies to Wolves

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
About the particles, from what I understand, sand effects cause a lot of visual noise, and there was a lot going on already with Nasus' effects. That'd be technically a RiotDudeBro question. He'd be more fit to answer that.
I'm sorry, but with Garen's VU, when his ult kills something it brings about the MOST visually cluterring noisy horrible flashing particle in the game. It literally makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to see what's going on while it's on the screen, not only because of how big and flashy it is but mostly because it also shakes / distorts the screen - which is a horrible decision IMHO. I have eye problems, my pupils are unfortunately over sensitive. His ultimate actually hurts my eyes now.

But according to you guys (guys who work with this, like DudeBro. Not necessarily you, parrot), that's fine. But oh lord forbid if we put some sand!

I don't want to sound like an ass, but come on.

Sleipnir of Hel

11-03-2013

So what I'm gathering from this thread: Even if 100% of Reddit, the Community Beta, and all of the LoL forums COMBINED were nothing but "WE DO NOT WANT [x]" threads, Riot would still ignore all of it and change it anyway. Sure, we can get a few people like Iron Stylus to agree with us, but Riot is bigger than just one or two of their workers. They don't use forums as a place for feedback at all...

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
8 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
this is why you dont let Syndra have her own Research center.
they probably DID use it, but not as much as im assuming. Im just overall disappointed in the fact that nasus's dance and voice got changed so much, and then being told that it was mostly positive feedback when all i've seen has been negative feedback.

also voicepacks should've been a thing a long time ago, can you imagine Leona saying "you have slain an enemy" everytime you get a kill?
I think voice packs would be awesome. I honestly enjoy any content that can improve/enhance/personalize the experience. Some of this feature stuff isn't existent because we don't want to, it's because we can't necessarily make it at this time. Doesn't mean the idea is bad.

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
So what I'm gathering from this thread: Even if 100% of Reddit, the Community Beta, and all of the LoL forums COMBINED were nothing but "WE DO NOT WANT [x]" threads, Riot would still ignore all of it and change it anyway. Sure, we can get a few people like Iron Stylus to agree with us, but Riot is bigger than just one or two of their workers. They don't use forums as a place for feedback at all...
i would agree with this but it's not true, there have been multiple times when riot said they were gonna do something and an overwhelming majority of the community raged and complained and they cancled it.

most recent one I personally remember is the Goth annie going for sale as a seperate skin from the bundle.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
9 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
Again, I'm not UX, but I'm sure there's some weighting stuff in there.. like.. X data has X amount of weight.. or something. Sorry, I wish I knew honestly. It's something I'll go bug Davin about just for the hell of it.

redz

11-03-2013

Quote:
I'm relatively sure we have more hard data user research to draw from then just the three sources you list. Again though, I'm not in UX and not really sure what black magic they utilize to gather such data.
Probably just made up "facts" that are convenient with the directions they already plan on going.
You are the only one that understands us and our increasing frustration towards rito.
Save us from our hate, pls.

Level 9 Zubat

11-03-2013

Quote:
Again, I'm not UX, but I'm sure there's some weighting stuff in there.. like.. X data has X amount of weight.. or something. Sorry, I wish I knew honestly. It's something I'll go bug Davin about just for the hell of it.
Thanks for taking the time to talk to us at least.

P.S. Sejuani is way sexier than Leona. And Diana. Combined.

Just sayian.

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
I think voice packs would be awesome. I honestly enjoy any content that can improve/enhance/personalize the experience. Some of this feature stuff isn't existent because we don't want to, it's because we can't necessarily make it at this time. Doesn't mean the idea is bad.
i see 2 big problems with adding in voicepacks now and why it's probably not on the to-do list, or High up on the list if there is one.

1: Getting the old Voice actors to come back and do lines like "godlike, Doublekill, First blood" would be a huge hassle and would take a lot of time so only a few voicepacks would come out at a time.
2: Setting it up to work to replace the current Voice, and whether or not it would work only if you had that champion selected or just the voicepack selected.

I would Love voicepacks as well but i just think things through and i realize how much work it would take to do it, if at all.

oh and just to point this out to other people, Smite started doing voicepacks around the 30th god released and almost a year later they still arn't done getting voicepacks for all the characters. Imagine how long it would take for 116+

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
10 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level 9 Zubat View Post
Thanks for taking the time to talk to us at least.

P.S. Sejuani is way sexier than Leona. And Diana. Combined.

Just sayian.
Whilst I don't agree with your statement, I also find her sexy :P

Name:  Sejuani.jpg
Views: 8320
Size:  355.2 KB