Nasus VU dance question, asked for parrots as the moon also rises

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

11-03-2013

I agree that the new VO is good but the current VO is so good and iconic it needs to stay in the game in some form. Part of me actually doesn't want to play Nasus anymore, that's how much of an affect his voice has.

It is really really disappointing that we won't be getting a traditional skin with the original VO.

Akorvyr

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Raven View Post
Dear Parrot,

You are such a kind bird. Could you help us original VA lovers get a way to have his old voice with the new model?

I think that shouldn't be much work, they don;t even need to be tied to emotes of the VU, we'd just like to hear the voice while playing.

Thanks a lot for your time dear bird!
Save the current nasus voice files. copy paste if you dont need to do any renaming. but renames are likely.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
6 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
This is why i hate reddit style forums, more than half of this info is probably from the Betaforums and reddit which only the "omgweloveriotmarrymeyoudonowrongs" posts get seen. meanwhile on these forums almost all threads regaurding his voice had more upvotes than anything, and even the post where a rioter said they changed it has a ton of downvotes.
I'm going to go ahead and assume not. I don't know the intracasies of the new beta site but I'm pretty sure it's not ready to extrapolate a ton of actionable feedback from yet. Just an assumption though. As for reddit, I'm relatively sure we don't actually track stuff from there. I'm talking UX and QA, that's Davin and Ququroon territory as I said. They deal with hard data.

Level 9 Zubat

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Voice packs are a feature thing and way beyond my scope of knowledge I'm afraid.

About the particles, from what I understand, sand effects cause a lot of visual noise, and there was a lot going on already with Nasus' effects. That'd be technically a RiotDudeBro question. He'd be more fit to answer that.

Well, maybe a skin that's basically his default skin with the old voice, ha. I'd buy it for sure (and others would 100%).

I know there might be some visual clutter or something, but his ult even says "summons a mighty sandstorm", but now there is...no sand. It's just odd.

VU are supposed to keep what's iconic about a character, not strip them all away

skyknyt

11-03-2013

Quote:
Nasus is essentially feature complete at this point. I'm sorry, but I don't see any real chance of a traditional skin. We've had generally very positive feedback about the VO. Again, it's sad that his original VA passed away, but we felt this was a quality VO replacement.
This is really upsetting to hear. Nasus was the first champion I bought a skin for because I thought he was so characterful and interesting, especially to the sort of over the top characterization of a lot of other champions. He was restrained and majestic.

I really feel like you guys have dropped the ball on the Nasus VU and lost what made the character appealing.

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead and assume not. I don't know the intracasies of the new beta site but I'm pretty sure it's not ready to extrapolate a ton of actionable feedback from yet. Just an assumption though. As for reddit, I'm relatively sure we don't actually track stuff from there. I'm talking UX and QA, that's Davin and Ququroon territory as I said. They deal with hard data.
im mostly basing my theory off the fact that this is info being gained after his voice went public for people to hear, there are 3 sources that people go to, to state their opinions on things.
the Beta forums, This forum, and Reddit. those are the 3 "forum/discussion boards" that riot members are known to look at and comment, considering 2 out of the 3 of them involve an upvote/downvote popular opinion only style, its safe to assume thats where more of the data would come from, If it's just QA analysts discussing the voice change, from what i've noticed they tend to say yea this is great to everything...

redz

11-03-2013

Quote:
Then once we kill Davin and Ququroon we might get our feedback listened for once ? Terrific.
Thanks for the directions, mr parrot parrot.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
7 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
im mostly basing my theory off the fact that this is info being gained after his voice went public for people to hear, there are 3 sources that people go to, to state their opinions on things.
the Beta forums, This forum, and Reddit. those are the 3 "forum/discussion boards" that riot members are known to look at and comment, considering 2 out of the 3 of them involve an upvote/downvote popular opinion only style, its safe to assume thats where more of the data would come from, If it's just QA analysts discussing the voice change, from what i've noticed they tend to say yea this is great to everything...
I'm relatively sure we have more hard data user research to draw from then just the three sources you list. Again though, I'm not in UX and not really sure what black magic they utilize to gather such data.

PallasAthens

11-03-2013

Quote:
For starters-
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3997083

For Nasus voice.

As for his ulti change, where he doesn't have sand...does that mean that Renektons ult will go through the same thing sooner or later? Even his latest skin is visually busy. It's easy to say, 'His old ult was very busy visually', and yet, even newer skins well, for Renekton tend to have a busy ult.

This comes in issues with his theme of 'Curator of the sands', he has no sands to speak of.

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
I'm relatively sure we have more hard data user research to draw from then just the three sources you list. Again though, I'm not in UX and not really sure what black magic they utilize to gather such data.
this is why you dont let Syndra have her own Research center.
they probably DID use it, but not as much as im assuming. Im just overall disappointed in the fact that nasus's dance and voice got changed so much, and then being told that it was mostly positive feedback when all i've seen has been negative feedback.

also voicepacks should've been a thing a long time ago, can you imagine Leona saying "you have slain an enemy" everytime you get a kill?

12345678 ... 14