Nasus VU dance question, asked for parrots as the moon also rises

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level 9 Zubat

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
The forums are a component of a wide scope of feedback gathering.
Is there any chance in the future of being able to sell a "vintage voice pack" for Nasus?

I really like how his VU looks, but it seems like a brand new champion to me now with the voice; it just doesn't sound like Nasus. It doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't sound like Nasus (sounds as jarring as if you got Olaf to revoice Ezreal).

Sidenote: Any chance on getting his trademark sand/locust effects during his Ultiamte? Seems like a pretty big detail to leave out. Any reason why this happened?

Trying to voice my displeasure in the most civil of tones :P

Dies to Wolves

11-03-2013

Quote:
The forums are a component of a wide scope of feedback gathering.
could we be allowed to know from where else you gather feedback?

I know you handle surveys ocasionally to some players, but from what I know it isn't a particularly massive ammount of players.

Also, considering how the majority of the forums tend to agree with this kind of stuff (like lame new sivir dance, old/current nasus voice better than new one, etc), yet it seems to have no impact whatsoever in Riot's decisions... It feels bad. Feels like our input doesn't matter at all. Might as well not comment at all.

SUPERIOR SK1LL

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xProR2D2x View Post
Parrot please.

Also, removing the neutral slide spin in crash2 from crash 3 was absolutely horrible.

If you did the bumslide, let go of the direction pad and spun you could constantly move at sliding speed. High skill high reward like stutter-stepping in lol.

have you seen speedruns of Crash2 on twitch.com? They're bloody amazing

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
We've had generally very positive feedback about the VO. .
This is why i hate reddit style forums, more than half of this info is probably from the Betaforums and reddit which only the "omgweloveriotmarrymeyoudonowrongs" posts get seen. meanwhile on these forums almost all threads regaurding his voice had more upvotes than anything, and even the post where a rioter said they changed it has a ton of downvotes.

Dies to Wolves

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level 9 Zubat View Post
Sidenote: Any chance on getting his trademark sand/locust effects during his Ultiamte? Seems like a pretty big detail to leave out. Any reason why this happened?
According to Phreak, Riot thinks Nasus is unrelated to sand, just to soul sucking

even though he is the curator of the SANDS, talks about sand ("your legacy... sands of the desert" quote), is from a desert world, lives in a desert, his W is about aging people = can be related to sands of time, his ultimate is Fury of the SANDS (and states in its description that he SUMMONS a SANDSTORM)

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
4 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies to Wolves View Post
could we be allowed to know from where else you gather feedback?

I know you handle surveys ocasionally to some players, but from what I know it isn't a particularly massive ammount of players.

Also, considering how the majority of the forums tend to agree with this kind of stuff (like lame new sivir dance, old/current nasus voice better than new one, etc), yet it seems to have no impact whatsoever in Riot's decisions... It feels bad. Feels like our input doesn't matter at all. Might as well not comment at all.
I think that's a larger UX question. Someone like Davin or Ququroon probably has more info than I. There's user testing we do, along with a ton of playtesting and general QA. I'm not really no authority so it's hard for me to say what methods we utilize.

Elewd

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies to Wolves View Post
According to Phreak, Riot thinks Nasus is unrelated to sand, just to soul sucking

even though he is the curator of the SANDS, talks about sand ("your legacy... sands of the desert" quote), is from a desert world, lives in a desert, his W is about aging people = can be related to sands of time, his ultimate is Fury of the SANDS (and states in its description that he SUMMONS a SANDSTORM)
what do you mean, he's clearly the purple crop circle monster. even his voice sounds like a monsters. what would that have to do with sand?

Silver Raven

11-03-2013

Dear Parrot,

You are such a kind bird. Could you help us original VA lovers get a way to have his old voice with the new model?

I think that shouldn't be much work, they don;t even need to be tied to emotes of the VU, we'd just like to hear the voice while playing.

Thanks a lot for your time dear bird!

Spitsonkittens

11-03-2013

I've gotta say, it is irritating when you guys promise to maintain what keeps a champion who they are and then do the opposite.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
5 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level 9 Zubat View Post
Is there any chance in the future of being able to sell a "vintage voice pack" for Nasus?

I really like how his VU looks, but it seems like a brand new champion to me now with the voice; it just doesn't sound like Nasus. It doesn't sound bad, it just doesn't sound like Nasus (sounds as jarring as if you got Olaf to revoice Ezreal).

Trying to voice my displeasure in the most civil of tones :P
Voice packs are a feature thing and way beyond my scope of knowledge I'm afraid.

About the particles, from what I understand, sand effects cause a lot of visual noise, and there was a lot going on already with Nasus' effects. That'd be technically a RiotDudeBro question. He'd be more fit to answer that.