@IronStylus re: Shaco's eventual VU

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Rambo II View Post
Underneath his mask is Lollipoppy
Well now that's just ****ing terrifying.

Rockman

11-03-2013

I think he could use more lines, and maybe make his effects more... clownish. I honestly like the Q smoke effect. The color is nice, and I like the animation.

Zerglinator

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySaint View Post
I'm calling it now.

In line with current trends, Adam Harrington won't be doing the new voice over for Shaco.......
Why do you say that? By the current trends, do we just mean Sivir and Nasus?

Garen and Ashe I know for a fact had the same voice actors return.

MarcosLuis97

11-03-2013

Whenever Shaco uses Hallicinate, him and his illusion should have their own dances, jokes and taunts.

FilthySaint

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I think bright colors would probably stay, but minus the over-simplicity and general visual noise. He's such a low poly model that there's a lot of room to add some nuance or flavor to him.

He's potentially high-ish on the list as Design, Creative, and Art agree that he's a good opportunity. No idea when we'd work on him, there's nothing officially slated. Some ideas I have heard floating around was actually hinting that there's something behind his mask. No idea what that'd be. Demon, deformed monster, another mask, something other than his current straight up clown face. We can probably find something unique that he has in him already and dial it up a bit.

We're certainly open to ideas.
Despite my harsh words for Riot and their design choices currently, I have complete faith in you and your work, Parrot.
Don't ever change.

With that said, the concept of a mask sounds pretty damn cool. And the possibility of each skin having a distinctly different mask sounds amazing.

- Classic and Royal Shaco could have the obvious jester theme

- Masked and Workshop Shaco could keep their current ones

- Asylum Shaco could have a mask reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's iconic mask from Silence of the Lambs

- Nutcracko could have mask more resembling the traditional nutcrackers the theme is from

The possibilities could be great.

0 0

11-03-2013

Please i beg you mr stylus. Please dont ever change his dance. I think his dance has become a part of his identity now. He's supposed to be this crazy maniac and I think his current dance fits perfectly well with his design

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

Quote:
Some ideas I have heard floating around was actually hinting that there's something behind his mask. No idea what that'd be. Demon, deformed monster, another mask, something other than his current straight up clown face. We can probably find something unique that he has in him already and dial it up a bit.

The bold is what makes Shaco so great.

Just read his lore again.

part of what makes Shaco great is NOONE knows what or who he is.

And on top of that he shows up from who knows where to kill who knows who. That's part of what makes him so horrifying.

There's just something great about a cartoonish jester who is anything but cartoonish. I want to say that's what makes some incarnations of The Joker great.

Goofy at first glance. But the moment he starts talking you start to chill up.

FatedTitan

11-03-2013

Quote:
I think bright colors would probably stay, but minus the over-simplicity and general visual noise. He's such a low poly model that there's a lot of room to add some nuance or flavor to him.

He's potentially high-ish on the list as Design, Creative, and Art agree that he's a good opportunity. No idea when we'd work on him, there's nothing officially slated. Some ideas I have heard floating around was actually hinting that there's something behind his mask. No idea what that'd be. Demon, deformed monster, another mask, something other than his current straight up clown face. We can probably find something unique that he has in him already and dial it up a bit.

I think his clown mask should stay. There's nothing more creepy than a demented clown. That's some people's worst fear. To take away the clown face...with that creepy smile...you'd be pulling a Trundle.

LiftsLikeGaston

11-03-2013

So help me god if you remove Shaco's mask...

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Rambo II View Post
Underneath his mask is Lollipoppy
I laughed so hard I'm actually crying. Dammit man.

123456 ... 7