@IronStylus re: Shaco's eventual VU

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sketch

11-03-2013

I don't have many opinions on the VU itself since I'll love the jester no matter what, but I do hope you would keep the brighter colors on his models instead of turning them into a darker, more sadistic version of Shaco. IDK, I guess a darker side to Shaco would make sense, but the brighter colors gives that false sense of security and intention while a darker shade would drive him farther to the grungy attitude we've seen of champs of late.

I look forward to other ideas within this thread.

FilthySaint

11-03-2013

I'm calling it now.

In line with current trends, Adam Harrington won't be doing the new voice over for Shaco.......

True Sketch

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySaint View Post
I'm calling it now.

In line with current trends, Adam Harrington won't be doing the new voice over for Shaco.......
I would be SO upset....but I think he's still around. We should be safe

NocPat

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySaint View Post
I'm calling it now.

If all else fails, I can do it.

Not kidding. I do an insanely accurate Shaco.

As for the visuals, keep his strange animations. Nothing seems natural about his walk or autoattacks, and he seems to put barely any effort into anything, except his crit stab. That makes him so interesting to look and play as.

EDIT: Keep the worm or I will come into riot studios as Shaco and do things to you

True Sketch

11-03-2013

I did a pretty good Shaco impersonation at the World's event....they had a Rioter giving out free skin codes if you could do an impersonation of your favorite champ.

IdoI

11-03-2013

Don't remove his worm surf I swear to based kami sama

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

11-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I think bright colors would probably stay, but minus the over-simplicity and general visual noise. He's such a low poly model that there's a lot of room to add some nuance or flavor to him.

He's potentially high-ish on the list as Design, Creative, and Art agree that he's a good opportunity. No idea when we'd work on him, there's nothing officially slated. Some ideas I have heard floating around was actually hinting that there's something behind his mask. No idea what that'd be. Demon, deformed monster, another mask, something other than his current straight up clown face. We can probably find something unique that he has in him already and dial it up a bit.

We're certainly open to ideas.

Tyrannus0

11-03-2013

And underneath his mask is ANOTHER MASK!

FilthySaint

11-03-2013

It's not about the fact that Harrington could redo his own voicework.

Or that anyone can do a spot on Shaco.

It's that Riot just blatantly ignores the community now.

Sivir's voice was redone with zero regard for the old one and terrible.

Nasus was blatantly known as the greatest voice in the League and was requested numerous times to just keep his old voice.
Instead, it was replaced with no feeling or remorse and his old VO is going to be thrown in the trash.

Trends.

Brent Rambo II

11-03-2013

Underneath his mask is Lollipoppy

12345 ... 6